shape
carat
color
clarity

6-prone tiffany VS. tiffany knife edge setting on WF

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jxhlps

Rough_Rock
Hey,
I am wondering if you could give me some advice on these two settings?

1. 6 prone tiffany setting
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/6-Prong-tiffany-style-Diamond-Solitaire_993.htm

2. tiffany knife edge
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Classic-Tiffany-Style-Knife-Edge_1137.htm

These two doesn''t look much difference to me:) I heard option 1 is a really popular 1 and option 2 looks like tiffany ring a lot

The price doubles from option 1 to option 2...I am wondering if people have used these two settings or knows why option 2 costs so much more?

my diamond is ~1.2 round

Thanks a lot!

rusticrhythm

Rough_Rock
Bumping this up! :) Wondering about the same thing myself.

The more expensive one tapers slightly, while the less expensive one is 2mm all the way.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
let me post a side by side picture for you to help, I actually like the look of the head on the Knife edge Tiffany style. picture number 2, plus it appears to sit a little lower (or maybe its the illusion due to the head), and the shank is different in that the tiffany picture number 1 does not have the knife edge but looks like a half rounded shank?. Hope that helps.

ETA: maybe someone who actually owns either of two could post the pictures for you to see. or do a search.

wftiffany1comparison.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok,never mind I did a quick search here is someone who has the same as picture #2 Tiffany knife Edge

Ring belongs to Originalname ETA: Link

WF.jpg

jxhlps

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 9:05:33 PM
Author: D&T
ok,never mind I did a quick search here is someone who has the same as picture #2 Tiffany knife Edge

Ring belongs to Originalname ETA: Link

WF.jpg
Thanks a lot for the replies...after seeing your post, I did some search myself also and found lots of info on it (including they improved this setting at some point :))

I think I have a better idea now

Thanks!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2009 10:45:04 PM
Author: jxhlps

Thanks a lot for the replies...after seeing your post, I did some search myself also and found lots of info on it (including they improved this setting at some point :))

Thanks!
Fantastic!, welcome.. do come back with your final ring choice, any way you go it''ll be stunning, she''ll be ecstatic!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 11:45:03 PM

Thanks!
Fantastic!, welcome.. do come back with your final ring choice, any way you go it''ll be stunning, she''ll be ecstatic!
The first one is more of a generic head, whereas the knife edge has a more sculpted look, and cradles the diamond differently. Most of us here on PS are prong nuts, and prefer prongs and the profile of the knife edge, although it is of course personal preference.
1.gif
It''s a more elegant ring, IMO.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2009 11:13:51 AM
Author: geckodani

Date: 6/10/2009 11:45:03 PM

Thanks!
The first one is more of a generic head, whereas the knife edge has a more sculpted look, and cradles the diamond differently. Most of us here on PS are prong nuts, and prefer prongs and the profile of the knife edge, although it is of course personal preference.
1.gif
It''s a more elegant ring, IMO.
True true
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results