shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone ring... your opnion pls

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IaMMoYY

Rough_Rock
Hello there,

I want a rt-hnad 5-stone ring but can't make up my mind between 2 styles: the graduated style or 5 stones of the same size. I understand it eventually is my decision, but I'm so new to diamonds (a new addict
twirl.gif
) that I don't really have a preference yet.

The graduated style: H&A diamonds in .10ct, .20ct, .50ct, .20ct, and .10ct. Their diameters (depends on the cut) will be approx. 3mm, 3.8mm, 5.2mm, 3.8mm, and 3mm.

For the style in which 5 stones are of the same size: H&A diamonds in .20ct - .25ct.

My only concern with the graduated style is the diameters don't have much in difference and will not make an obvious graduated-looking ring. What do you think? Am I better off with a ring of 5 x .20ct - .25ct?

Thank you!
Anne

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My present RHR of 3 stones 20pt, 60pt, 20pt (DeBeers style) is one of my favorites, although I did have a hard time deciding against a 5 stone ring of the same quality (5 X 20 pts.). Up until a few years ago, I had a Princess cut ring 5 X 27 pts each, set in a step style and was continually complimented on it. Gave it to my sister.

I guess the reason I choose the this style with different stone sizes, was because the other one I had looked at reminded me of a wedding band. Not that here is a darn thing wrong with that (as many ER's are of the same style as those 3 stone rings!!); but, too, I felt the larger stone with the two smaller sides better suited my large(er) hand (size 6.5).

At any rate, what a nice choice to have to make!!
appl.gif

cheers

Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results