shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone ring and finger size question.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Spoke with Katie from Whiteflash on friday and went ahead and ordered a 5 stone ring.
All the stone are between .50-.53 but since my finger size in 7-7 1/2, i''m wondering how substantial it''s going to look.
Should I have gone bigger for more coverage? Will the stones look too small on my finger?
7.gif

elle

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s going to look quite substantial, I really wouldn''t have any worries!

For reference, here is a picture of .31 stones on my 4.5 sized hand. I would think that your ring would look similar if not even more substantial.

Wedding_b1.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I''m getting the same ring
36.gif

But you have amazing fingers, mine aren''t quite as nice (or thin) and that''s what has me worried.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooh, beautiful! I''m sure it''ll look absolutely gorgeous on your hand with stones that size!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
YUMMMMM KCoursolle!

Elle--I''m sure your ring will look amazing, those are some large stones you''re having set in there! Can''t wait for hand shots!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bet your ring is going to be scrumptious! I would imagine that you''ll have great finger coverage! You MUST post pictures here when you get it! Pretty please?
9.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That will be a lovely ring! Can''t wait for pictures.
9.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Kcoursolles is actually one of my favorite rings. I was looking through the "Show me the Ring" forum last week when I first saw it. I was still debating a full eternity but I know I''m way too hard on my hands to own one right now. So when I saw it, I called my husband and said "honey, we''re getting me another ring"
2.gif
then called Whiteflash.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
ellle~I think you will have substantial finger coverage
30.gif
I can''t wait to the hand shots!!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
elle, it''s going to be amazing! When I read your post I thought... she must mean .05 surely... five half caraters????
10.gif
30.gif
10.gif
I can''t wait to see it!

a

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Holy schnikey (sp?) kcourselle!!! That is an amazing ring! How have I not seen that before???

elle...you are so lucky!

I love that you just called your hubby up and said, "We''re getting me another ring..." Hee hee hee!
9.gif

Can''t wait to see pix!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it will look great on your finger. I can''t wait to see photos of it.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Katie from Whiteflash just sent me a pic of the five stones.
In the pic (hope it attached) i see a size difference between the .54 and .50. Once set, you think it will be noticeable?

StoneCompre.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
The .50 looks out of place IMHO. Can they get something else? It''s going to be so beautiful.
30.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I think it looks out of place as well but they don''t have anything else
7.gif

I emailed Katie back and asked her to please contact me if they get any other stones in before they finish the ring. Hoping there''s a chance.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can tell the difference between the middle three, but not the two on the ends. Hmmm, I'm not sure what I would do. The difference will be slightly less noticeable once set and probably a small difference. I do think that they placed the stones correctly with the larger ones in the middle. This will make the overall ring look balanced and even bigger than it is.

ETA: gorgeous stones by the way, this is going to be a fantastic ring and it will definitely look *big* on your hand!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great with the largest in the center and tapering off with the smaller on the ends. If you want them all the same, then I would wait until they get some more in. I think it will be gorgeous as-is, though.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2007 4:59:47 PM
Author: elle_chris
Katie from Whiteflash just sent me a pic of the five stones.
In the pic (hope it attached) i see a size difference between the .54 and .50. Once set, you think it will be noticeable?
Frankly, I think that since these stones are considerably larger than kcoursolle''s, that the slight taper at the ends will look just fine. Probably not noticeable, unless someone is told to look for it.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2007 5:52:12 PM
Author: kcoursolle
I can tell the difference between the middle three, but not the two on the ends. Hmmm, I''m not sure what I would do. The difference will be slightly less noticeable once set and probably a small difference. I do think that they placed the stones correctly with the larger ones in the middle. This will make the overall ring look balanced and even bigger than it is.

ETA: gorgeous stones by the way, this is going to be a fantastic ring and it will definitely look *big* on your hand!
oops, I meant I *can''t* tell the difference between the middle three, but I can see the difference between them and the ones on the ends...my bad.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 5 stone, .50 ct each and my finger is a 7.5. The finger coverage is very good. You shouldn''t be disappointed...

I like the idea of the two end stones creating a tapered effect! Should be very comfy like that.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your responses.
Katie called and said that if they get any other stones in that size range, she''ll put them aside for me. We''ll see what happens.

Eva17, is it possible to post a pic of the ring on your hand? I''d be very interested in seeing it.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
another old picture. this baby is almost 9 yrs old. they are H&A from GOG.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
wow, thanks so much for the pics.
Both rings are gorgeous and look excellent on your hand.

Getting excited about my ring again
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results