shape
carat
color
clarity

4.25 finger size and 2.5tcw 3-stone ring

ginnie08

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
I am looking for advice on whether a 2.5tcw emerald cut three stone ring be too big for my finger. the 2.5 tcw consists of a 1.5 center stone and two 0.5ct size stones. I am partial to the emerald cut diamond and we are upgrading from my solitaire to a three stone ring for our 10th year anniversary. I really like the look of a three stone ring but wasnt sure if the ring on my 4.25 finger be too big. I am a CPA by profession.

many thanks

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHOA!! I'm totally jealous over that!! Your fingers are so lovely and slim and with those stones - WOW - that would be incredible finger coverage! As a CPA, this could send 1 of 2 messages -A) you are VERY good at what you do (which I am sure you are!) ... B) or be careful - she is over charging! This is the part that scares me... in your world, you have to be careful of perceptions...

None of that may be applicable, its just my first reaction. If you can pull it off and it wouldn't adversely affect your business --- OMG!! ---- DO IT!! I only WISH I could have that kind of finger coverage, and such tiny fingers!!! you go girl!!!!

rocku

Shiny_Rock
You should be fine. 1.5 center is great.
It is not like one 2.5 stone. That's kind of big for 4.25 finger.

ginnie08

Rough_Rock
hi Enerchi,
thanks for your feedback. As a CPA, i am just worried it is too showy and too gaudy for my finger size. i really like the ring but i am not sure. alternatively, i could go for a 1.2cw center stone with .6sides, but not sure because the center stone didnt look that much bigger than the sides......choices...

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have pics? can you go back and take pics or is this custom???

What kind of firm is it you work for - I don't need specifics - but do you think you could rock this with no repercussions??? I don't mean they will tell you not to wear it, but, as an example - if it is a non-profit you work for ... um... may be a bit too blingy. If it is "corporate America" , then it could be totally appropriate.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
ginnie08|1359156800|3363730 said:
hi Enerchi,
thanks for your feedback. As a CPA, i am just worried it is too showy and too gaudy for my finger size. i really like the ring but i am not sure. alternatively, i could go for a 1.2cw center stone with .6sides, but not sure because the center stone didnt look that much bigger than the sides......choices...

IMO - get what you want. Do not at all care about what others think! Seriously, you will regret not getting the one you want and DDS sets in fast so go with the one you want to get.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
forgot ---my avatar is a 1.06 princess centre stone with .51/.51 sides (I think!!) on a size 7.75, and that give my chunky fingers VERY good coverage. Have you checked out other 3 stones on PS?

Overall - you are buying the ring for you and your enjoyment of it. Who the heck cares what others think - in the long run!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
What u can do is actually draw a face up picture of the ring design you like, on paper; cut it out and put it on your finger. Whilst you won't get the bling effect, you will get an appreciation of finger coverage on yourself. Use adhesive tape to get it to stick together. Then add about 50% for the depth and bling effect. I hope I am making sense. That was what I did when I was designing my asscher (semi) tension. I was deciding between the 0.5 and the 1.0ct then it was the width of the ring. 5 or 6mm. It helped a lot. I should have kept the bits and pieces to take a photo for records, then I can show u what I mean.

Good luck with the upgrade process, nice project to be working on- post pics, if you like, of your inspiration pieces. Well.. It's compulsory to do so!!!! Just kidding, but we would love you even more!!!!!!! Lol!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
04diamond<3|1359157064|3363734 said:
ginnie08|1359156800|3363730 said:
hi Enerchi,

IMO - get what you want. Do not at all care about what others think! Seriously, you will regret not getting the one you want and DDS sets in fast so go with the one you want to get.

+1
Ppl will say what they want anyway. As long as you are confident with wearing it. If you are not, ppl will notice it. Jewelry are extensions of YOUR personality. Ppl make impressions of you already.

ginnie08

Rough_Rock
Thanks for everyone's feedback.
i work in corporate world and i am actually looking into a custom ring. The jeweler was suggesting i could go up to 1.5 center and so is my hubby. If i go with that size, i will likely not wear my eternity band and just wear this. i will vist the jeweler again and check it out.
my initial thought was 1.5 is too big but then, 1.5 versus 1.2 isnt a big difference neither :) something about a diamond looks smaller over time? :)

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
ginnie08|1359157813|3363744 said:
Thanks for everyone's feedback.
i work in corporate world and i am actually looking into a custom ring. The jeweler was suggesting i could go up to 1.5 center and so is my hubby. If i go with that size, i will likely not wear my eternity band and just wear this. i will vist the jeweler again and check it out.
my initial thought was 1.5 is too big but then, 1.5 versus 1.2 isnt a big difference neither :) something about a diamond looks smaller over time? :)

Are you kidding?!? and it happens as soon as you slip that baby on. Gone is your contentment (and it's not a bad thing, just reality in the PS world). Plus in the corporate world, these things make a statement! AND if your hubby is on board, my goodness this is a no brainer! I could be totally wrong and you could be someone who appreciates whatever you're give, but PS is a bad place. Someone went to a jeweler and took pictures of a 13ct on her finger and that is now the standard on here! :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm kidding, but only partially. Go big or go home!

**edit for spelling**

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Trust me ... it's fine. I have size 2.75 fingers and have a 3 stone that is bigger. Initially, it feels big and you will feel a bit self conscious. Give it a few weeks, you will feel fine. Give it a few months, it starts to look small!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yup. I have a three stone with a 1.6 center and .50 per side and it's fine on my hand (albeit a size 5.5 or so)....here's a photo for reference. Note that my stones have an octagonal bezel, so they look even larger than they are...yours will likely look smaller than this, since emerald cuts face up smaller than rounds in most cases....

Please come back and post a photo when you have the ring!! We are bling ho's around here! :lol:

threestonehand_shot.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This will be so gorgeous! I'm a big fan of emerald cut 3 stones!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rocku|1359156589|3363728 said:

Depends who you ask, doesn't it? 8)

OP, get what you want.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1359159378|3363763 said:
rocku|1359156589|3363728 said:

Depends who you ask, doesn't it? 8)

OP, get what you want.

So true ... Since I want a single 2.5ct.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Charmy, have you posted photos of your 3 stone? I'd love to see it! :wavey:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think you would be ok, but i would try and get a longer emerald cut, so it goes down your slender finger, not taking up a lot of real-estate across your fingers. like a 1.5:1 ratio

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you will be fine and it will be a gorgeous ring not a "gaudy" ring. I live in the world of CPA's and I have seen much, much bigger than what you are proposing. The FLY ring in my avatar has a 2.52 ct center stone on a 4.5 finger.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That sounds like a lovely ring with beautiful proportions and not at all too big.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, it will not be too big, and this is coming from about the most size sensitive person on the forum! Emerald cuts are much more subtle than round brilliants, so you can have more carat weight with them. I'd go as large as you can. Even a two carat center would not be too much for me, and I won't wear a 2 ct round where I live.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results