shape
carat
color
clarity

$3500 Price ok? GIA 1.1ct I SI2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marv117

Rough_Rock
Hi guys. Here we go again.

GIA Cert, Aug.18,2004
Round Brilliant
Measurements 6.55 - 6.65 x 4.13
Weight 1.10 carat
Depth 62.6%
Table 58%
Girlde Very Thin to Medium, Faceted
Culet None
Polish Good
Symmetry Good
Clarity Grade SI2
Color Grade I
Flourecence None
Quoted Price $3500.00

Working with Mark from EngagementRingsDirect on this stone. He said this stone can pass for an SI1 and it is very eye clean and has a lot of life.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
New Stone suggested by alexah.
Mark said this stone has a small crystal but it is eyeclean. Waiting for a copy of the GIA Cert.

GIA Round Brilliant
Price: $3571.39
Laboratory: GIA
Carat Weight: 1.11
Color: J
Clarity: SI2
Depth: 60.9
Table: 57.00
Polish: E
Symmetry: E
Culet: NO
Girdle: THN-M F
Fluorescence: NON
Measurements: 6.69-6.71-4.08
Price $3571

Please comment on the price and specs of these stones.

Thanks!
Marvin

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have the crown and pavilion angles?

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I luv Mark but i dunno about that stone... the v thin girdle kinda worries me, as does the *just* good symmetry. Did he run a sarin/give you any crown/pav angles/%s?

If you're willing to drop to a J to get a better stone, this 1.11 J SI2 or this 1.08 J SI2 for about the same amount of $ look like they could be promising... also they face up bigger since they're less deep...
1.gif

Edited to add: to answer your Q, Mark's prices are typically very competitive
wavey.gif

marv117

Rough_Rock
alexah, thanks for the suggestion. I actually do prefer that 1.11ct J SI2. I don't mind the J color and may even look white. Mark is looking at the stone for me to get more info. I hope I get that stone..it has excellent symmetry and polish.

I believe the setting is in the process of being made. It is a tiffany solitaire and I hope the change of stone isn't a bad thing.

I will try to get a sarin report from Mark. I wasn't sure if he does a sarin report.

I'll keep you posted.

In the mean time keep your comments coming.

Thanks!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Mark's happy to do a sarin if you ask
1.gif

Also, you might want to ask him about the 1.08 also - you have a better chance of getting a superb stone when you have a little more to choose from... he'll let you know which one's best...

I can't imagine it'd cause much trouble w the setting since the measurements are fairly similar... if Mark's having the setting made, just ask him & he'll let you know so your mind is at ease
4.gif

marv117

Rough_Rock
I just spoke to mark and he is on his way to pick up the stone and get a closer look. I will most likely opt to get the 1.11ct. He also said that this stone wont affect the setting since they are close in measurements.

Mark is great! He doesn't make me feel like I'm making more work for him. He is very understanding at the same time giving me good advice.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/19/2004 2:19:09 PM marv117 wrote:

Mark is great! He doesn't make me feel like I'm making more work for him. He is very understanding at the same time giving me good advice.----------------

I totally agree - when I've worked w Mark, I felt he looked out for my best interests - it's like doing business w a friend
1.gif

Anyhoo, the J could potentially be a 1A stone (the I, unfortunately, is not). I'd luv to know the HCA score if Mark could run a sarin on the J...
Also, ask him to look at it thru his idealscope & let you know if there's much light leakage... it could really be a beaut!

If, for some reason, that J isn't all that, keep the other J in mind - it's measurements are actually closer to the I's so there'd be no issues w the setting either...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you marv!
9.gif
wavey.gif

marv117

Rough_Rock
Spoke to Mark earlier and he said that the 1.11ct J SI2 stone is more brilliant than the first one! There is a small inclusion under the table but it is eye-clean and almost hard to pin-point the inclusion. I am convinced that this is "The Stone" which I am purchasing for the tiffany setting.

Mark will have the sarin report tomorrow morning.

I am psyched!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results