shape
carat
color
clarity

3 stones ring;center OEC, and 2 RBC side stones, is it okay?

NanWard

Rough_Rock
I have 1.52 OEC; 7.04mm I am wondering if I use RBC 2x0.70 carats side stones? will it look odd, or against each other? The stone colors are the same...please help me.

Thank you so much.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: 3 stones ring;center OEC, and 2 RBC side stones, is it o

Personally, I wouldn't care for it, as they have totally different looks and in that size it would be noticable. Can you trade the modern rb's for oec's?

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

If you like the look, do it. Personally, I'd want all three stones to be of similar cut.

Anne

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I also think it would be a mistake and not look right. However, I would use Good Old Gold's August Vintage rounds to use a side stones for an OEC because they would be a heck of a lot easier to match as a pair than old stones would. Obviously three well matched old stones would be optimal if you could find them, but AVR sides would be another good option.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

I agree with DS, finding matching AVRs will be much easier than trying to match OECs. Have you considered colored stones for the sides?

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock

I think the colored side stones option is a good thought or other old cut diamonds. I am not as picky that they have to match exactly, but definitely prefer similarly faceted old cut stones.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1333299678|3161197 said:
I also think it would be a mistake and not look right. However, I would use Good Old Gold's August Vintage rounds to use a side stones for an OEC because they would be a heck of a lot easier to match as a pair than old stones would. Obviously three well matched old stones would be optimal if you could find them, but AVR sides would be another good option.
This!

NanWard

Rough_Rock

Thank you so much for all your advices, I do agree that it should be the similarly cut. I do not know what AVR is...-:)

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock

At that size a modern RB would look really different than an OEC so no, I wouldn't do it.

milton333

Brilliant_Rock

NanWard|1333402751|3161938 said:
Thank you so much for all your advices, I do agree that it should be the similarly cut. I do not know what AVR is...-:)

AVR is August vintage rounds, an ideal cut stone cut with an antique-style facetting pattern, sold only at Good Gold Gold (they have a physical presence on Long Island and have a website www.goodoldgold.com).

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Just adding my vote to the "don't do it" side. I agree that the cut of your larger centre OEC will be too different from the RB sides.

As well as the AVR/AVC from GOG, you can also check another old cut site - www.oldworlddiamonds.com

NanWard

Rough_Rock

Thank you all....I am going to NY city very soon and will try to see if I could get diamonds from Old world Diamond. I have to work harder to save money for my dream (3 carats 3 stones diamond ring)...it is not easy but I am not giving up5555.

Thank you again all....see you soon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results