shape
carat
color
clarity

3 stone ring: oval with round sides??

JLFG

Rough_Rock
I'm looking to create a 3 stone RHR utilizing 2x .30 transitional side stones with a gemstone center stone in the purple/magenta color family. My first question is whether or not these two shapes will work well together. My second question is if stuller is a good brand to consider or if there's another brand/vendor that might be worth speaking to. I'm hoping to keep this project somewhat inexpensive since this ring will serve as an occasional RHR.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What size are the stones? Dimensions not weight.

Do you have the center already?

And yes, I think ovals with round sidestones look nice, provided the proportions work.

JLFG

Rough_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
For example.

trilogy-half-carat-oval-cut-sapphire-and-round-diamond-engagement-ring-in-white-gold.jpg

trilogy-half-carat-oval-cut-sapphire-and-round-diamond-engagement-ring-in-white-gold1.jpg

JLFG

Rough_Rock
Exactly. Do you think an oval or round center looks better with 2 round side stones?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends on the stones and the cutting. If you do OEC sides, what is the cut on the round gemstone in the center? If you do an oval gemstone... is it a poor native cut with a window?

JLFG

Rough_Rock
I want to do an oval in the center and I'd like to use my side stones ideally. If they didn't work I think half moon side sides look beautiful with an oval center.

I don't know enough about gemstones so any advice on what I should look for or shouldn't would be great. Is there a vendor you'd suggest working with for this type of project?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results