shape
carat
color
clarity

3 Stone Emerald or Solitaire Round Brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luthergirl

Rough_Rock
I love reading all the information on this site, I have a new found respect for diamonds/jewelrs. I won''t be in the market to purchase for awhile yet, but as I love jewelry I want to do my research and be really satisfied with my purchase. I was just curious what people thought of a three stone emerald ring or a solitaire round brilliant for an engagement ring. I know they are quite different looks. I had always thought RB because I love the classic shape and how firey they can be, then I saw a girl with a three stone emerald that was gorgeous....reading on this site alone about all the different shapes has be vascilating day to day!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I''m an EC girl myself...I like the clean lines and the step cuts....and a 3-stone EC e-ring?? W
30.gif
W!!!

luthergirl

Rough_Rock
It was the first time I had seen an emerald that wasn''t a dud. Seems as though they are pretty hard to find!!!

murray93

Rough_Rock
I am working on a 3-stone EC ring right now, with a 1.7 ct center stone! Can''t wait to have the finished product.

Did you go to Luther College in Decorah? Just guessing by your screen name.

luthergirl

Rough_Rock
You''ll have to let me know how the search goes, and post pics. A 1.7 EC center would be beautiful!

Yes, I did go to Luther College in Iowa...how do you know it???

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think emerald cut diamonds are beautiful, but this shape doesn''t look good on my hand. . .

Have you tried on both styles of rings to see what looks best on you? Since you have a while to decide, maybe play around with various rings to see what compliments your hand and your fashion style most.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Ah, I love ECs, but you have to decide if you want brilliance or subdued elegance, and which shape looks better on your hand.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
i''d say go for the solitaire round brilliant
1.gif
i would rather have the three-stone as an anniversary gift down the road

luthergirl

Rough_Rock
I haven''t tried on much yet, so I need to do that. I have only been to a few places just window shopping, doing most of my serious research on the internet (much better info.) Most places I''ve been do not have much in the way of emeralds so it doesn''t seem like a fair comparison. Probably won''t be buying a ring for almost a year anyway, but I am having fun looking and when he is ready, I want to be all set to go with what I prefer.

Do the really well cut emeralds throw off much fire? I guess that is what attracts me most about the RB.

Thanks for all the opinions!

--I haven''t ever been to Grinnell, but have heard of it, very cool! Have you decided what vendor you will use for your stones?

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
You have asked such a personal question. It''s easy to get sucked into all of the round brilliant madness around here, but in the end you have to go with your gut.

The problem is, then, what if you don''t know what your gut prefers. My opinion? In situations where people are really sitting on the fence and can''t decide about what diamond shape to get, I honestly think that in the end those people could be happy with either choice.

So if your gut doesn''t sway you one way or the other, flip a coin!

If you want my vote
27.gif
, then go with the three-stone EC. It''s such a beautiful style.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a sucker for emerald cuts too. The last two diamond rings I''ve bought have either emerald or baguette cut stones in them. I''d love an emerald solitaire, though your idea of a three stone ring sounds wonderful too.

I''ve found that emerald cuts have a brilliance all their own anyway. You get these broad flashes of light coming from them that are really noticeable. Different from the glitter of rb''s but just as eye catching.

murray93

Rough_Rock
I am going with Whiteflash for the stones and ring. One thing to keep in mind is how you would do a w-band, if you want one, with the 3-stone. My ring is an upgrade and I don''t care about a w-band so I''ll just where the 3-stone alone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results