shape
carat
color
clarity

3 Stone dilemma .... need Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dubs Jr

Rough_Rock
I have (2) .35ct round side stones (1 is E color, the other is D color) ....

Looking to get 1.3 to 1.4 center round. Wondering what color for center stone would be recommended? Is a G color to low? Can you tell the difference between F and G ?

thanks

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Between an F and a G you would be hard pressed to see any difference. If the G is cut better than the F you would see more of a difference between cut qualities than you would colors. So ... if it's between an F and a G the answer to your question is pick the diamond with the superior optics.

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi,

Wondering what color for center stone would be recommended?

The obvious answer is D or E.

However, if the price for a D or E color prevents you from getting your preferred size of center stone, then look at some F or even G colors.

Is a G color to low?

No, especially with a good make as mentioned.

Can you tell the difference between F and G ?

Most people cannot tell the difference between these two colors faceup against metal.

However, more females do seem to report seeing a difference( could be a higher visual accuity or it could be Debeeers
1.gif
)

Dubs Jr

Rough_Rock
Well actually I was wondering if I should go with an E over an F. I was not looking at ideal cuts, probably more at a very good cut. I just don't want the center stone to look darker. THere is one I was looking at (or about to look at) that is a F SI1, the sidestones are also SI1. I just wondered if an F would show the difference between the D and E??
Also, this website has been so informative, it really has opened me up to exploring online dealers also. I know the ones that is on this website people have really liked, but I am curious why Blue Nile is not mentioned as much..I have a friend who got hers there and is really happy...
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results