shape
carat
color
clarity

24 hours left - out of pictures, which Round is best????

msdesign_enthusiast

Rough_Rock
Hey all, I just received my specs from JA and have 3 diamonds on hold. I thought I was researching enough....but when looking at these images I'm not really sure what I am looking at (since I know there might be things I don't notice) and if the JA gemologist is really recommending what's best. I have seen some other reviewers disagree sometimes with a JA recommendation so I wanted to get other opinions.

Here are the round diamond specs:

#1.) Carat weight:1.10; Certificate:GIA
Color:G; Clarity: VS1
Cut: Excellent
Depth %:62.20; Girdle: Medium - Slightly Thick; Table %:57.00
Culet:None
Polish:Excellent Crown ∠:
Symmetry:Excellent Crown %:
Fluorescence:Strong Blue Pavilion ∠:
L/W/D (mm): 6.62*6.56*4.10 Pavilion %:
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-dia...-g-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-361602
#1: 361602.jpg

#2.) Carat weight:1.06; Certificate:GIA
Color:H; Clarity: VS2
Cut: Excellent
Depth %:60.50; Girdle: Thin - Medium; Table %:59.00
Culet:None
Polish:Excellent ; Crown ∠: 33.00
Symmetry:Excellent ; Crown %:13.50
Fluorescence:None
Pavilion ∠:41.60
L/W/D (mm): 6.63*6.65*4.02
Pavilion %: 44.00
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-dia...-h-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-261792
#2: 261792.jpg

#3.) Carat weight:1.09; Certificate:AGS
Color:H; Clarity: VS2
Cut: Ideal
Depth %:60.90; Girdle: Thin - Slightly Thick; Table %:56.90
Culet:Pointed
Polish:Ideal Crown ∠: 34.10
Symmetry:Ideal Crown %:14.60
Fluorescence:None Pavilion ∠:40.80
L/W/D (mm): 6.64*6.66*4.05 Pavilion %: 43.10
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.09-carat-h-color-vs2-clarity-sku-362097
#3 362097_0.jpg

The gemologist at JA recommended them in descending order. They highly recommended #3 saying it was the "liveliest performer", then #2, then #1; all eye-clean.

The price difference is minimal, a $100 price difference from #3 to #1, but what is the better diamond?

Originally, I wanted to get a diamond with a blue fluor(#1) because the future fiance mentioned that might look unique and interesting. Should I go with #1, the strong blue fluor despite the JA's recommendation? Or are none of these good and I should keep looking and maybe find a light/medium blue fluor and different specs? OR should I just go with the better diamond and avoid considering fluor all together. Based on the images, #3 would be the obvious choice I would think, but how does blue fluor impact idealscope? She wasn't set on blue flour but she mentioned it as an option and the idea seemed cool despite its negative perception by some and I think she might like the effect.

I have 24 hours to keep the diamonds on hold before I select and would love any and all input.

Thank you so much prisescopers!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Third one is the best. First is quite deep. Second is worst with low crown percent and large table at 59%.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No3 without hesitation, for me.

No1 looks like it has light leakage in the inner ring, No2 has a weird faceting pattern that is definitely not Hearts&Arrows.

The JA person has confirmed the benefits of the better cut of No3 in their comments :)

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The second stone probably does face up better, with better light return than No 1 as a deep stone would be darker. The low crown though would not look like a high quality diamond to me. I would not choose a diamond because of fluorescence although some here do like it, if I was getting one of those I would go for Brian Gavin Diamonds blue line as he has check all the stones to make sure they do not have a bad side effect from it. None of the diamonds are Hearts and Arrows, we are seeing an arrows view but to get the hearts perfect there is more specific cutting required and those diamonds are branded and more expensive. James Allen have a True Hearts brand which would have this and they cost more.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#3 all the way!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Annnnd...it's a 3 from me Simon, easy choice!

msdesign_enthusiast

Rough_Rock
Hey guys! Thanks! My instinct said 3 was the best but it is the fluor that is throwing me off....I'm now thinking she would prefer one with fluor in the same spec.s

I just found JA True Hearts with medium fluor which has almost the same specifications. Thoughts? It is almost the same as the other but has fluor and is "true hearts". It has the scope in the link.
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-dia...arat-g-color-vs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-359143

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
msdesign_enthusiast|1411592033|3756532 said:
Hey guys! Thanks! My instinct said 3 was the best but it is the fluor that is throwing me off....I'm now thinking she would prefer one with fluor in the same spec.s

Above you stated that she was good with fluor. If that's true, I would encourage you to get a stone with this characteristic, as you'll save a few bucks and it is very cool.

Buy a blacklight flashlight on Amazon for $5 and get that puppy into a darkened room. You can look at it with your significant other, and both appreciate the fluor, a secret aspect of her ring that only you and her know about. Even though everyone sees the ring everyday, only you and her would share the secret. There is something romantic about that.

Worse comes to worst, turn off the flashlight and you're in a dark room, face-to-face with your love!

Seriously, though, I only buy stones with fluor.

#3 would be my choice here.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fluorescence has zero affect on idealscope images. You have to choose cut before you consider other features such as fluorescence. Of those first three, I'd only want to buy #3.

Give us the link to #3 so we can compare it to #4.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results