shape
carat
color
clarity

20th Anniversary project....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
So hubby and I celebrated our 20th last week. We had a great night celebrating and will be going away next month once the dust settles, both our kids just left for school. My husband told me a while ago he wanted to buy me a very special ring to celebrate this anniversary. Thing is I came up on empty. I adore my ering, so that was a no go. Then I started to think about a RHR as in a special anniversary ring but with a twist. Yesterday after months of thinking I made my decision. I will be doing a 2 carat oval with half moon side stones. The setting will be done by Leon Mege. But first I have to find the oval. I am working with Jonathon to find it. I don't want any bow ties etc.. I had an ah haa moment yesterday when I tried on a ring at BBB by JB starr. It featured a 2 carat oval with half moons, and it made my heart sing. Hubby isn't doing so bad either. I am buying him his dream car which is a 1969 Mercedes 280 SL. The car is in excellent condition and will be ready in a few weeks. The surprise on his face when I told him was priceless.
1.gif

Typed too fast doing the title. No way to correct it now...

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OHMYWORDLISAHOWEXCITING!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

That is so awesome! The new ring sounds DIVINE and I will look forward to watching your journey for the perfect oval... to the perfect setting... to the finished project... ooooh!
30.gif
HOW FUN!!!

And hubby DID do good, too! Wow! But, shhhhh, don't tell my sweetie, he'd be jealous!
2.gif

Well, YAY! 20 years is certainly celebration-worthy, and I am so happy for you! CONGRATULATIONS!

xoxox
Lynn

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
awwww congrats on the anniversary! Happy 20th! Have fun making the ring :) Boy, you sure did come up with something fast for someone drawing a blank a few days ago ;-) hehehe enjoy!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so excited for you and cannot wait to see this project unfold
36.gif
. hopefully, it''s a lot less dramatic than your last RHR project
2.gif
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lynn, Cehra and mrss!!! Actually this will be an easy project once the oval is picked. Now your thoughts for prongs on the oval. Double claw prongs or single prongs. The weight of the half moons I saw were .37 each. If the center stone is 2 carats should I go with that size half moons or a tad bigger?? Also in the shank below the half moons, the ring I saw had channel set princess cuts. Not loving those so am thinking of bead set rounds?? Or what else would you guys suggest?? Pave is out. Or just leave it as a simple 3 stone ring and call it a day. Cehra, I have been at this for a long time, not just a couple days, hehe.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you''re having Leonn do it so double claw prongs are a must. I''d suggest the .37 sides but Leon tell you what he thinks will work best. i''d ask him about doing bead set rounds on the sides would be beautiful.

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
It sounds great...I only hope you are keeping that gorgeous asscher!!! It''s one of the best RHR''s ever!!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Oh, how very exciting Lisa!!! Congratulations to you and hubby on 20 years of marriage!!!!
36.gif
emrose.gif
emlove.gif
36.gif

As for the setting - my vote is for double claw, slightly larger half moon sidestones (maybe .45's) and a plain shank!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
OH, KALEIGH!!!!!!!!! HOW EXCITING!!!!
36.gif
3.gif
3.gif

This is going to be such a fun project to watch unfold...oval with halfmoons? How absolutely yummy!

We''ll find out, eventually, but if it turns out finding a perfect oval is problematic, you might consider asking Leon to source a stone for you. After I saw the tsavorite he found for Pokey(?) I found myself wondering why I''ve been trying to find stones myself all these years....

But I''m WAY ahead of myself! LOL

I''m just thrilled for you! Happy anniversary!

widget

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! I made you spill the beans, didn''t I Lisa! I knew you''d have to be planning SOMETHING special for the 20th!! Your project sounds wonderful and we''ll all enjoy the process with you!!!
36.gif
Yay!!!

and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

(Oh, and apparently this is an anniversary trend...my hubby is getting a Porsche Boxter for his gift, but he is selling his old ''66 Porsche first.)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, Congratulations on 20 years!!! What wonderful news. Your ring project sounds stunning. Personally, with a Leon...split claw prongs are amazing from him and would look stunning on an oval with half moons. I think you could go either way with the bead set rounds. Since you will have substantial finger coverage, I doubt that you''d see them that much.

widget

Ideal_Rock
LOL....well, you can TOTALLY disregard my last post!

Regarding the size/look of the sides...I''d let Leon pick ''em. I''d trust is eye over mine or anyone elses...
1.gif

widget

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2006 9:55:24 PM
Author: widget
LOL....well, you can TOTALLY disregard my last post!

Regarding the size/look of the sides...I''d let Leon pick ''em. I''d trust is eye over mine or anyone elses...
1.gif

widget
Yes, I guess this would be the best plan!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOW EXCITING! Lisa I''m so thrilled for you! As for the sides, yep, let Leon pic ''em. Can''t wait for pics of this beautiful new bling!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS ... so exciting!!!!

Would you ever consider half moon sapphires? I don''t know why but I keep seeing that for you ... so classic & a little different from your three stone e-ring.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2006 9:51:46 PM
Author: widget
OH, KALEIGH!!!!!!!!! HOW EXCITING!!!!
36.gif
3.gif
3.gif

This is going to be such a fun project to watch unfold...oval with halfmoons? How absolutely yummy!

We'll find out, eventually, but if it turns out finding a perfect oval is problematic, you might consider asking Leon to source a stone for you. After I saw the tsavorite he found for Pokey(?) I found myself wondering why I've been trying to find stones myself all these years....

But I'm WAY ahead of myself! LOL

I'm just thrilled for you! Happy anniversary!

widget
Thanks widget!! You don't know this but you have been my jewelry mentor. I adore everything you have done in the past. Everything you have done is spot on and amazing. The asscher ring by Leon made my decision an easy one. Ok now what is the difference between split prongs and double claw prongs or are they one in the same. if you guys want to post any pics that would be great as I can send them to leon once I find the oval. Oh btw, my asscher RHR isn't going anywhere..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2006 10:13:22 PM
Author: decodelighted
CONGRATS ... so exciting!!!!

Would you ever consider half moon sapphires? I don''t know why but I keep seeing that for you ... so classic & a little different from your three stone e-ring.
Thanks Deco, that was my first thought too. But decided to do all diamonds in the end. I even had the delusion of doing half moon pink diamonds, snapped out of that PDQ...
3.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
OMG this will be fabuloso!!! I can''t wait to see the finished project! Congrats on your 20 years...That is quite an accomplishment today. I''m constantly on the lookout for 2 carat ovals, so I''m looking forward to your hunt!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: Kaleigh
what is the difference between split prongs and double calw prongs or are they one in the same.
I dunno..
5.gif
...this is the kind of question I didn''t ask Leon! LOL

My guess is that double prongs are like two parallel bars that form double prongs sort of like this: "!!"; while a split prong is one bar that divides part way up, sort of like a "Y".

Since I love an excuse to play with my camera, here''s a closeup of mine. I think I prefer this "Y" configuration...it''s curvy and more organic (especially nice with roundish stones), and makes for a less cluttered looking under gallery.

These are just my thoughts, of course..what do I know??
1.gif

widget

00klsa54.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks widget, they Y looks great. As long as it''s graceful, it''s good for me. But I will address this with Leon once I have selected my stone. I will have Leon choose the half moons. I trust his eyes, he''s done a stellar job picking out side stones for so many PS''ers. I am thinking I will keep this clean and skip the stones in the shank.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
How thrilling for you!!! What a fun project this will be and you'll have a fabulous Leon creation to show for it. Keep us posted on all the details. Happy anniversary!!!
36.gif
By the way where is the getaway trip???

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy anniversary!
36.gif

i''ll be looking forward to seeing what you get.
27.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha belle, I hear ya sis!!!
5.gif
Thanks Sundial, we are going to NYC for a few days. Hubby wanted to go to Vegas but I''m not big on flying these days. So New York will be fun, see a show shop and eat.
18.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your 20th, Lisa!!!!
35.gif
What a way to celebrate--new ring (sounds gorgeous) AND a great trip to NYC!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Pls keep us updated on the oval search.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh -- congrats on 20 years!!! Care to share your secrets to a happy marriage?
9.gif

I''m so excited that you''re going with Leon, and letting him pick the side stones, and keeping the shank plain. Gee I wonder why I feel this way. Hehe. Leon does pave brilliantly but I''d be concerned about cleaning/melee falling out. Plus unless you''re gonna have a halo, with that kind of finger coverage are you really gonna see the melee? He is so good at making simplicity look extra-special and elegant. Your ring is going to be a sure thing. Totally agree that you need to go with the double claw prongs...they are his signature and no one out there does them quite as delicately as he does. Plus, they may look delicate but they are very, very secure and strong. I put my ring in the ultrasonic every darn day and my stones are still solidly in the setting.

I look forward to following you on this journey!
1.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I love the split prong idea. I think the oval and half moons will be enough. I wouldn''t add any small stones on the shank.

That configuration is one of my dream rings. This is going to be so gorgeous! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your 20th! What about asking Leon what size he thinks the sides should be and then letting Jonathan match the stones?

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Kaleigh:

Congratulations to you and DH on your Anniversary. I love your ering too and it''s been my inspiration. Being married for 20 years is an inspiration too for that matter!
36.gif
Wishing you many more happy years.
9.gif

This new ring sounds stunning. I love ovals!

Mrs T

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Lisa on 20 years...I am sure the new ring will be spectacular. Don''t know if you have considered this but I would check out Mark @ ERD for sourcing the oval as well. He has sourced some amazing stones previously!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results