shape
carat
color
clarity

2 ct. NON-Ering/RHR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
If you had a 2 ct. diamond that you wanted to use in a RHR, how would you set it so it wouldn''t look too e-ring-ish? I''d love to see pix of examples, either with other stones or not.

DiamondGirly

Rough_Rock
I''d go cushion with a halo. I think it looks awesome for a cocktail ring without looking like a super traditional ering.

i think this is a 4ct

rhr1223jhfhejfhfwefjfh.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
For a RHR, I''d take an elongated shape like a marquise, oval or emerald and set it E/W. I''d also consider a halo for a RHR. Or make a combo of halo and E/W
2.gif

Are you using a 2 carat stone for a RHR? Sounds like a very fun project, what are you thinking of doing?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe this is a PSer''s beautiful engagement ring.

Linda

DiamondGirly

Rough_Rock
It is -- I think it would look great for a RHR too. I like for an ER but it''s a bit too nontraditional for me there. Great ring though! No disrespect.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 4:53:22 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
For a RHR, I''d take an elongated shape like a marquise, oval or emerald and set it E/W. I''d also consider a halo for a RHR. Or make a combo of halo and E/W
2.gif

Ditto! Great ideas!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I should have clarified.....a ROUND 2 ct. diamond is what I''m specifically wondering about.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 4:50:12 PM
Author: DiamondGirly
I''d go cushion with a halo. I think it looks awesome for a cocktail ring without looking like a super traditional ering.

i think this is a 4ct
FYI... That is my ENGAGEMENT Ring.

Thanks Linda

DiamondGirly

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 5:02:11 PM
Author: CrookedRock

i think this is a 4ct

Thanks Linda

I know. I like it a lot.

Look at what New England Lady suggested:

"For a RHR, I''d take an elongated shape like a marquise, oval or emerald and set it E/W. I''d also consider a halo for a RHR. Or make a combo of halo and E/W"

I thought the same thing but like cushions more than those shapes so I thought your ring pretty much fits the description.

Sorry to offend. The OP asked for pictures.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 5:08:38 PM

Date: 6/2/2008 5:02:11 PM
Author: CrookedRock

i think this is a 4ct

Thanks Linda

I know. I like it a lot.

Look at what New England Lady suggested:

''For a RHR, I''d take an elongated shape like a marquise, oval or emerald and set it E/W. I''d also consider a halo for a RHR. Or make a combo of halo and E/W''

I thought the same thing but like cushions more than those shapes so I thought your ring pretty much fits the description.

Sorry to offend. The OP asked for pictures.
I don''t mind my pictures being used. I put them on a worldwide online forum...
PS''ers will often post others pictures, but credit is usually given to the owner of the piece in the picture.
Considering I just posted it last week, I thought it was odd bc it wasn''t like someone couldn''t figure who it belonged to.
Also the OP was asking for RHR and whatever your opinion may be of my ring, I understand you like it, it is my engagement ring, so for someone to call it a cocktail type ring just seemed a lil off to me...
I''m not angry just giving you a friendly PS heads up on how we normally do things... Welcome to PS, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 5:10:24 PM
Author: ericad
Perhaps a halo but using gemstones rather than diamonds? I love the look of a white diamond surrounded by a sapphire (or any color) halo...
I love that idea, Catmom''s new ring comes to mind right away~ I love it!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Any non-halo ideas? I already have halo ring and don''t want another.

DiamondGirly

Rough_Rock
T and Co has some wild looking stuff that they categorize as Erings but i think they look cocktailish

I''m not crazy about them but it''s a thought -- i''m sure someone could replicate any of the designs

http://www.tiffany.com/Engagement/Item.aspx?sku=21248878

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
How about a 3 stone with gemstone sides? I''m thinking pear cut side stones, in a fairly large size, and made so that it''s level with the center? That would look less engagement-ish and more RHR.

Another idea would be set low in a wide band with engraving or detailing.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not really looking for a ring that looks "cocktailish" (gawd, I hate that term). I just want something that doesn''t scream "engagement ring".

DiamondGirly

Rough_Rock
Aren''t 2ct rings that aren''t engagement rings basically cocktail rings? I don''t know how you''re going to sport a 2ct diamond on your right hand without it looking either too "cocktailish" or too much like an Ering (sorry you hate that term)

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
MA~

Here''s a ring that I''ve been lusting over for a couple of years. Alas, I don''t have the requisite 2 carat diamond to fit it.

It''s a Saturn design.

~LC

BowRingPic.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 4:45:19 PM
Author:MaryAlaina
If you had a 2 ct. diamond that you wanted to use in a RHR, how would you set it so it wouldn''t look too e-ring-ish? I''d love to see pix of examples, either with other stones or not.

I think that whenever you have a diamond in the center of a ring, because of the symbolism of a diamond, it is going to look like an engagement ring.
I think it is rude to refer to someone''s e-ring as a cocktail ring, and when it was said about my ring, I was called "sensative", yet the flip side of the coin is that these comments are INsensative!
There have been a lot of comments from people not knowing that this is considered an insult.
Well now you know.
It is.
Crooked Rock''s ring looks like what it is - a beautiful engagement ring.
Calling it a cocktail ring tries to rob it of it''s special sentiment and meaning.

DiamondGirly

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 6:14:45 PM
Author: iluvcarats
Date: 6/2/2008 4:45:19 PM

Author:MaryAlaina

I think that whenever you have a diamond in the center of a ring, because of the symbolism of a diamond, it is going to look like an engagement ring.

I think it is rude to refer to someone''s e-ring as a cocktail ring, and when it was said about my ring, I was called ''sensative'', yet the flip side of the coin is that these comments are INsensative!

There have been a lot of comments from people not knowing that this is considered an insult.

Well now you know.

It is.

Crooked Rock''s ring looks like what it is - a beautiful engagement ring.

Calling it a cocktail ring tries to rob it of it''s special sentiment and meaning.

Touchy, touchy...

My god. I apologized already.

Also, taken in a vacuum, a large center stone surrounded by a halo looks like a cocktail ring to me. I wasn''t trying to rob anyone''s ring of its meaning. Who cares what I think anyway -- I''m a total stranger!!!!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 5:53:51 PM
Author: librarychickie
MA~

Here''s a ring that I''ve been lusting over for a couple of years. Alas, I don''t have the requisite 2 carat diamond to fit it.

It''s a Saturn design.

~LC

Oooooo....I love that one! I may have to check out more of their designs! I could totally see myself wearing something like that.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I think most PSers who have been here a while do not like the term "cocktail ring". First of all, it is dated. Secondly, it gives the image of an ugly ring with a clump of small diamonds without any real pleasing design to the ring. (At least this is the image I get in MY mind when someone uses that term.)

Also, halo rings have been all the rage for several years now, and to suggest that a halo ring looks like a "cocktail ring" is ridiculous in my opinion, unless someone is totally unversed on current jewelry fashion and terms used. I realized some people are new here, and possibly that is their situation.

Anyway, back to my main point...I may have a 2 ct. round stone that I want to set in a ring that I can wear without people thinking it is an engagement ring. (I have enough e-ring style rings!) I''m trying to find something unusual. I already have halo and split shank rings. I know we have a creative bunch on here, so I thought I''d see what you could come up with!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results