shape
carat
color
clarity

2.12ct RB for sale

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anniepie

Rough_Rock
2.12ct RB!
For sale:

2.12ct round brilliant GIA cert''d
specs: 8.27 x 8.32. x 5.02
depth:60.5 %
Table: 59%
Color: H
Clarity: I1 (A non-light catching feather. The stone sparkles like crazy!)
Strong Blue Fluorescence (Does NOT appear milky/cloudy, does look neat under blacklights though

Set in 14kt white gold "temporary setting." Size 4.5

I posted my stone on the "other" forum too, thought this would be better that trying local jewelers. I am selling her so we can have a down payment for our first home!

I am working on posting some pics with it, the digital camera seems to have lost it''s memory stick.

Looking to get around $7300??

PS: Also would like to say hi, I am a lurker on this forum...finally bit the bullet and iintroduced myself!
wavey.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi annie and welcome.

First off, congrats on your potential new home purchase. We did that about 3 months ago and we could not be happier.
1.gif

Secondly, the stone sounds intriguing....the specs are not quite ideal since the table is a little large for a depth of that size...but it could be beautiful, possibly alot of white sparkles. Some people are still intrigued by the 60/60 combo. The fluor is interesting as well but will drop the price in terms of sale value.

I found this stone as a comparison, it was the only one with similar specs to yours and is actually quite similar! Funny eh?

It's from WhiteFlash.Com and is a 2.11 H I1 with 61.7 depth and 60 table, good, good and mb fluor. Slightly smaller in diameter at 8.20mm x 5.07mm and the posted Pscope price is $7184.

I posted this stone because you are asking around $7300 for your stone. For $7184...someone could actually buy this WhiteFlash stone and all that it entails (their lifetime tradeup value, cool diamond kit to play with the stone, a purchase from a trusted vendor with many years of service behind their name meaning more confidence in customer service) for less than they could buy your re-sale stone from you...just a gal who wants to sell her stone. What can you give them that WhiteFlash cannot? Nothing, but the answer the other way around is significantly different.

The bottom line is that I don't think it's realistic to ask what you are for your stone for a re-sale..the re-sale market is not kind to those who ask retail price for a stone..I am not sure what you paid for it, but I doubt you will get $7k.

I would suggest dropping the price to something like $5k and seeing if you could also put it in classified ads and on eBay, also check with your local jewelers to see if they would take it on consignment OR buy it from you and take cash. If it is indeed an eye-clean I1, that's very interesting..and I like the blue fluor, but unfortunately when you have a very similar type stone selling to the customer direct from an actual VENDOR for the same price or LESS than what you are asking, your chances of getting what you ask are almost nil.

However, I hope I am WRONG and you do sell it for $7k. But if you don't get bites and have to lower the price, keep in mind what I noted.

Lastly, have you considered NOT having to sell the stone for the down payment? New homebuyers nowadays can qualify for lower down payments or sometimes even 0% depending on your locale, loan amounts, and your credit. I would hate to see you sell what sounds like a lovely stone for a pittance if you can somehow manage to avoid it. Anyway some food for thought, I would just be sure 100% that you are willing to take the loss on this stone, re-sale value of a stone is never what you paid for it and sometimes people do not realize that.

Best of luck!

anniepie

Rough_Rock
Hi Mara,

Thanks for the welsome and info re: the whiteflash stone. I am new to the whole diamond-selling thing. I appreciate the suggestions/advice you had to give! I agree with you, being a consumer myself, I would buy a comparable stone from a reputable jeweler than a private party, solely for the "added services" they can offer that a private party can't. I guess if I had checked into that, I wouldn't be tucking my tail between my legs so-to-speak! Thank you for your insights.

As far as selling the stone for the down payment, I already own a beautiful engagement ring, this was just a diamond that was purchased for a 3-stone ring that now, with the upcoming home, will most definately be put on the back burner for a while! (Who am I to argue? A home is much more important to me than a ring!)
twirl.gif

anniepie

Rough_Rock
Sadly, I know we paid too much for the stone(More that 7300 thats for sure,) and I am trying to re-coup a little bit of that loss...I don't expect to get 7300, it was just a number to begin with. And I figured I would feel more comfortable posting an ad here that in your usual classified ad because the people in this forum DEAL with diamonds on a regular basis. Eat, sleep, think, talk diamonds!
9.gif
I don't want to be a situation where I am dealing with someone who doesn't know/appreciate what they are buying. Worst case scenario: a buyer says they want to meet to imspect the diamond at my place. Who knows what that buyer may do. Take the stone and run? Possibly put me in a vulnerable situation? With that being said, that is why I posted this here. Phew, sort of went off on a tangent there.

So, any reasonable offers WILL be considered!
9.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
My suggestion would be to see if you can make an arrangement with one of the reputable independent appraisers who haunt this board to appraise the stone and confirm that it's all you say, especially with an I1. I bet PS members who are considering your stone would feel more comfortable buying it if Dave Atlas or Rich Sherwood or someone like that confirms its specs and says it's beautiful. Perhaps you could do something where you send the stone to the appraiser, the buyer puts the money in escrow, and if the appraiser agrees that the stone is a winner, the money gets released to you and the appraiser sends the stone to the buyer?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats a good idea glitter.

I WISH I had the money laying around for something like this, it actually sounds intriguing. If it's eye clean, and the strong blue with the H should be beautiful. The cut may be a little questionable in terms of 'ideal', but with more data....mmmmmm big round diamond 2c pendant.
love.gif
Oh Greg....wedding day gift perhaps? I know I told you about $300 for the max but $7k isn't too much to ask right?
naughty.gif
11.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Funny I went to the post office for an hour or so of waiting on line to drop off the taxes, and I see a 2+ carat on sale...

I immediately think...where's Mara?! I noticed you posted. I was wondering if we were going to be seeing some new pics in the Show Me the Ring Forum... Hee hee...

Annie Pie, definately get the stone appraised from an independant appraiser, as that will also help the stone to sell.

You can consider E-Bay, but most likely an estate jeweler can help you out more. Sometimes people can work with a consignment jeweler to get a third party to buy the stone through them and they get the proceeds, minus the amount the jeweler gets in comission.

For some reason, I notice most people would want to buy a stone this size from a jeweler, so good luck and see if you can compare prices. Resale of a stone is murder as you NEVER get the money back, even HALF of it! Sad, but true, which is why it is NOT an investment...
nono.gif
It's a money pit! (but it's pretty!)
9.gif
love.gif

Then again, try selling via E-Bay, with some nice looking pictures and certificates to back it up. Good luck!!!

anniepie

Rough_Rock
Price reduced to $6000 OBO, pics and cert available upon request!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results