shape
carat
color
clarity

2.01 round brilliant-need expert opinion before i go in to see the stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

targa

Rough_Rock
I'm looking at a gia cert stone, that seems a bit deep to me, but i havent seen the stone yet. it does ok on the HCA. any suggestions/opinions would be greatly appreciated. i am told by the seller that it is beautiful- will look at it tomorrow.

2.01 round brilliant
8.17-8.23 x 4.99
depth 60.9%
table 55.7%
crown angle 34.7
pav angle 41.1
culet 0.3%
thin girdle
no fluoro
polish/symmetry = excellent
vs1/ H (independent appraiser states it is G)

what do you think a fair price would be?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
It got a 2.5 on the HCA (very good- worth buying if price is right)

Prices seem to be between $15,000 - $17,000

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
IMO, I wouldn''t go less than a 2.0 based on the info provided by this site. The diamond''s brilliance and beauty is based on the quality of the cut. If the cut isn''t right, it''s simply not going to perform as it should. If you want a diamond that really performs, consider going down in size for a higher quality cut.

Keep in mind I''d rather have a 1.5 H&A over a 2.0 that doesn''t brilliantly sparkle.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
If it''is well priced, it''s most definitely worth a look to see if this diamond speaks to you.

A 2.5 on the HCA is not gonna be a dog of a performer by a long shot.
2.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
This could be a nice stone. It is the right diameter for it's weight to be well cut, so it isn't hiding weight in the depth. It probably gets the 2.5 HCA from the pavilion angle, which is just slightly steep. The HCA seems to mark up stones with pavilions above 41. That said, there tends to be variance in the calibration and accuracy of the sarin machines, so I would certainly take a look and let your eyes be the judge if everything else seems right. If you have an idealscope, you'll be able to detect light leakage. Steeper stones tend to leak in the table, so check it out to see if it look too dark in a variety of light. (and make sure it's not head shadow you are seeing...)

When/if you do look at it in person, make sure to get it away from the bright halogen jewelery store lights and look at it in as many real everyday lighting environments as you can find.

edited to add: 2.5 on the HCA isn't a bad score. HCA is an elimination tool. You'll need to check the stone out, but there can be many a beautiful stone above 2.0. There are simply more non-beautiful ones as well.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like it could be a very nice stone provided you are not paying for a super louper duper ideal premium.

One would be hard pressed to see a difference between 1.5 & 2.5. As Lop mentioned, the calibrations could be off by that amount & the HCA has some arbitrary cut offs.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2005 11
6.gif
3:24 PM
Author:targa
I''m looking at a gia cert stone, that seems a bit deep to me,

I can''t help on your price question, but I can tell you that this stone isn''t deep. 60.9% isn''t deep at all.

As Lop mentioned, the stone takes a hit on the HCA because of the pavilion angle - 41.1. That doesn''t mean it isn''t a lovely stone. It does fall within present AGS0 parameters......if the price is right, could be a lovely, lovely stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results