shape
carat
color
clarity

1 pointers - how much do they cost???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jarbatz

Shiny_Rock
In general how much do 1 pointers cost? The color/clarity would be in the G/H, VS2/SI1 range.

customcushion

Shiny_Rock
When I talked to the guy making my ring last week, he made some flippant remark about my 2 pointers barely costing anything. 60 or 70 points tcw in 2pointers, high quality (check the link) and my cost (I''m the end buyer, but he''s not a "Mall retailer") is 400$ or $500.

That seems like under $20 a stone, but everything from his is at a *very good price*

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
For what it''s worth, Leon quoted me $100 per .1 carat for the pave for the shank of my engagement ring. The stones are going to be small, as the shank''s going to be thin - 1.8/9mm - I think they''ll be bigger than 1 pointers - probably more like 2pointers. But that''s a guess!

Anyhoo, his quote breaks down to $10 per point - beyond reasonable for such a craftsman, IMHO.

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
Forgot to add, I think he uses F/G VS stones for melee.

:) CK

The sun is shining

Shiny_Rock
I had a quote being 1ct of .01''s for $900, but that wasn''t the issue. The issue was setting them, which was going to cost another $8 ea. So, I guess $17 per point into a ring. Mind you, I didn''t shop arond as I wasn''t looking to purchase at that stage, it was out of curisoity. I would hate to think if I was having seroius micropave done that it would cost that much!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results