shape
carat
color
clarity

1.5c Round Advice: Are my goals realistic?

eudjinn

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

Been reading for a while, but finally decided to register and post. I am looking for an e-ring. I know my future fiance would love a verragio insignia 7003 so that is, more or less, the setting that I have decided upon.

I am looking for a round diamond to put in the center with the following parameters:

~1.5carat
G/H color
SI1 - VS2 clarity (preferably eye clean if SI1)
GIA triple excellent (at least excellent/ideal cut)
price range: 12 - 14k for the stone
depth 58-62
table 54-58
fluoro: none - medium blue

Now, I have contacted a few jewelers and I am often told that my parameters are too strict and something is "going to have to give" to get into my price range. Is there any merit to this considering I can find at least a dozen stones on blue nile at any given time that satisfy my parameters and price?

One jeweler tried to sell me a GIA triple VG 1.5ct I color SI2 for 12500. While it was pretty, I went on BN and saw that quite a better stone can be had for that price. I told this to them and they called me back with 1 stone that was also VG, "under budget" but an I color once again. I am getting the feeling that they may be trying to push some lower end stones onto me for a bigger profit and cover it up as saving me money aka "under budget."

Any thoughts on my situation and if my parameters are too strict?

Thanks everyone

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am CERTAINLY not an expert at this, but I just did a search for your parameters on jamesallen.com. This is a Pricescope recommended vendor and I purchased a diamond and setting through them about a year ago. They are great to work with. There are quite a few diamonds that came up in your budget range for the specs you're looking for. If you're willing to do this online, I think you will find something you like.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
ihy138|1323274545|3076125 said:
I am CERTAINLY not an expert at this, but I just did a search for your parameters on jamesallen.com. This is a Pricescope recommended vendor and I purchased a diamond and setting through them about a year ago. They are great to work with. There are quite a few diamonds that came up in your budget range for the specs you're looking for. If you're willing to do this online, I think you will find something you like.

Yup agree with PP. Search James Allen, White Flash, Brian Gavin Diamonds and Good Old Gold. THey had several options that met all of your criteria in your budget. Plus some of them give a PS discount.

eudjinn

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies/feedback everyone. I have a few meetings to see some stones set up and I hope it goes well :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results