shape
carat
color
clarity

1.41 ct--Did I make a mistake??

Vowens21

Rough_Rock
This weekend my husband and I purchased a 1.41 carat, cushion cut, G, VS2 GIA certified diamond for my halo ring. The diamond cost $9,950 and I'm worried that we maybe could've gotten a larger stone of slightly less quality for about the same price, also hoping we were not ripped off. Neither of us knew anything about diamonds prior to going into one of our local jewelry stores. Is it worth the trouble or will a larger similar diamond around that price point not be noticeable in size?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can it be returned? Just hate to throw a lot out there if there is nothing you can do about it.

Vowens21

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1411421492|3755436 said:
Can it be returned? Just hate to throw a lot out there if there is nothing you can do about it.

Yes, I have 30 days to return it or do a price match under the guarantee.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What determines if a diamond is good quality is the cut. Not the rest of the stuff.

So unless you can get us the lab report number AND pictures -- close ups of the stone-- we can't really help you. The stone could be gorgeous, it could be a dud.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you already have a halo setting, you can't just go larger on the diamond. If the current stone fits properly, there's no point in looking at larger stones. You maybe can find a better cut one or a lower priced one. If the ring itself is returnable, then we can help you.

Vowens21

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1411433470|3755520 said:
What determines if a diamond is good quality is the cut. Not the rest of the stuff.

So unless you can get us the lab report number AND pictures -- close ups of the stone-- we can't really help you. The stone could be gorgeous, it could be a dud.

I don't have the GIA report and did not take any pictures. It seems as though keeping the one we chose may be the easiest option. At least I know for next time to do some research beforehand.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results