shape
carat
color
clarity

1.10 D/VVS1 or 1.22 D/VS2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

singlet_oxygen

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

my first post on this forum. Thanks to Pricescope and the tutorial of commercial websites, I finally comme up with three stones. I would be very grateful to anyone who could give personal feelings or inputs about theses stones as my deadline is coming up. Thank you in advance.

Here is the alternative to make my final decision. Living in France at the moment, it is quite difficult to get the specific info we need to run all the recommended (such as HCA) tests. So any comment / suggestion about the stone worth to pick ?

** 1.22 D/ VS2 : $ 11 200 GIA cert

polish and symetry Excellent Excellent 6.81 - 6.88 X 4.28MM height
total depth 62,5 table 57,0 proportions equiv Vg
medium fluorescence

My concern is that a D color with a medium fluoresence may not be a good choice. The couple D /VS2 neither. Any thought ?

** 1.11 D / VVS2 HRD certified $ 11828
Proportions Very good
medium fluorescence table 58 % crown 15 % pavillion 45 %
My comment : I think that the relation D/VVS2 is more homogenous but maybe a little bit small compared to the following one 1.22 (is there any visible difference). Same comment as the following as far as the medium fluorescence for a D color is concerned.

** 1.10 D/VS1 GIA $ 11 000
6.63*6.67*4.12
depth 62 % table 56 %
medium faceted culet none
polish / symetry excellent / excellent fluorescence none
same as 1.11 small ?

Thank you for your help.

singlet_oxygen

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Howdy singlet_oxygen!

I'm in europe too!!!!!! I know what you mean, here prices are MUCH MUCH higher and there are a lot less stones to chose from. Are ya buying locally?? Since you say you can't get a Sarin, I advise you to stick with HRD or IGI Antwerp reports, as these are very esay to find and provide many cut info's.
Now, I don't like too much the HRD stone you posted... Assuming it has a medium 3% girdle, its depth is already at 63%... A bit high and, as you noted, it will make the stone look smaller.
The third stone has good numbers, but without ALL info's I can't really tell you how good or bad it is. The first one sounds a bit deep to me, but may be worth considering...
A word about medium fluorescence... It should not be a problem. Actually, it's very cool! If you're buying locally, ask them to see the stone under the UV lamp and under bright and strong sunlight... You'll be able to check if the fluor has any effect on these stones...

jlim

Shiny_Rock
Topic says: 1.10 D/VVS1 or 1.22 D/VS2
Content shows: 1.22 D/VS2, 1.11 D/VVS2, 1.10 D/VS1

Hmm..

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Jlim... Breath deeply, relax yourself and chill out!
1.gif
2.gif

singlet_oxygen

Rough_Rock
Thank you Giangi.

You're right Jim sorry about that. Any comment on these three stones Jim.
Thank you

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
BTW, are ya married to the D color? D is muuuuuuuch more expensive than an E and just as white to the untrained eye... You could get a consideralbly larger stone... Just a suggestion.
1.gif

singlet_oxygen

Rough_Rock
I was looking for a stone at the top of the scale ... Even D/IF would be my dream. I decided to make a compromise as follows : cut (even though here in Europe difficult to have the right infos) / Color / Weight and finally Clarity in my price range. Is that a goodway of thinking ?

jlim

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 6/18/2003 7:45:55 AM Giangi wrote:

Jlim... Breath deeply, relax yourself and chill out!
1.gif
2.gif

----------------

Giangi - Haha.. that's not my intention. When I saw the title, assuming equal cut, it is a no brainer to pick the D/VVS1 over the D/VS2. But if it is a D/VS1 vs a D/VS2, then it is not that obvious anymore.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Oh I see! But stay calm!
2.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
lololol

singlet_oxygen

Rough_Rock
Jim,

you are perfectly right. My mistake. Sorry about that !

the question is :

1.22 D/VS2

1.11 D/VVS2

1.10 D/VS1

Thank again for your help !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results