shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to propose

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nbacca

Rough_Rock
I''m seeking opinions about where I should pop the question. I''m planning to do this next week, so I''m kind of in freak out mode right now because I''m unsure about how to do it.
The gf and I just bought a house (closed last week!) and next week is our 3 yr anniversary.

For background info - Sat & Sun we''re going to be working on the house, Mon - Wed I''ve made plans to stay overnight in NYC (2 nights)to celebrate. We live outside of the city so we''ll take a train in Monday afternoon. She knows we''re going somewhere because I made her take off work but doesn''t know any details. Oh, and she also has no idea the proposal is coming - I''ve been super secret stealth about everything.

I have a couple of scenarios I''m thinking about:

1 - propose Monday morning at our new house
2 - propose Monday morning near our apartment - there''s a sea wall overlooking the water where we like to walk and we walked there on our 2nd date. (first place we held hands.. awe!)
3 - bring the ring to NYC and do it somewhere there (although I can''t think of anyplace particularly special to us and/or private)

Any other ideas are welcomed.. I''m usually pretty creative/romantic but with all the house stuff (it needs a lot of work) I''ve been really pre-occupied. Her friend and my mom both think the new house is the best idea, but it''s such a mess right now it doens''t seem like a very romantic place. I''ve had the ring for like 2 weeks now and I can''t stand to have it anymore so waiting is not an option.

Thanks! Nick

DM

Rough_Rock
I will choose option 2, because it holds a lot of memories, women love that and its romantic also. you may want to have a friend hang around there and take pictures as its happening or even record it.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Yes, definitely the spot that has memories, although I think you should do it just the two of you. You can always take pictures that recreate the moment (or sop up the afterglow, I hear it lasts for quite a while) afterwards.
1.gif

nbacca

Rough_Rock
Hey, thanks for the input. The more I think about it the more I''m leaning towards #2. That way we''ll always be able to come back to the spot I proposed. She''s disappointed that we can never really visit the place of our first kiss (my old apartment). I''m sure we won''t be living in this house 20 years from now but wherever we are we can always come back to this proposal spot.

Anyway, wish me luck!

Hoping&Waiting

Rough_Rock
I vote #2! The memories is a big factor...the scene sounds beautiful!!! Good Luck and enjoy every minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sassybride

Rough_Rock
i would propose at the new house..its like new house, new life together...with this ring... :D

sera

Ideal_Rock
I vote for #2... the place you first held hands, then ask for her hand in marriage... awww.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results