shape
carat
color
clarity

Where/How to carry the ring before proposing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nachokoob

Rough_Rock
Hello all!
Kind of a weird question that I haven''t thought about until now...
So when I am going to propose, do I carry the ring in the box and put it in my pocket or carry it loosely in my pocket?
I fear that the box would be kinda bulky to have in my pocket and she would get wise to it!
Maybe I could carry the box and all in my camera bag and pretend I''m going to take a photo right before?

Any advice?
It will most likely be in a WF box...

Thank you!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, nice idea for the camera! Unless she sees something to take a picture of before hand... ;-)

DH met me at the location where he proposed (a picnic) and he had his shoes kicked off, so the ring box was hidden in the toe of his shoe.

Is it winter where you are? Right now, everyone has bulky pockets - you can always have a glove or hat shoved in your pocket rather than wearing them, so the bulge isn''t noticeable/seems like it''s just your winter stuff.

Another idea is to find a smaller ring box, but the WF box is so pretty!

nachokoob

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/19/2009 3:45:09 PM
Author: Elmorton
Oooh, nice idea for the camera! Unless she sees something to take a picture of before hand... ;-)

DH met me at the location where he proposed (a picnic) and he had his shoes kicked off, so the ring box was hidden in the toe of his shoe.

Is it winter where you are? Right now, everyone has bulky pockets - you can always have a glove or hat shoved in your pocket rather than wearing them, so the bulge isn''t noticeable/seems like it''s just your winter stuff.

Another idea is to find a smaller ring box, but the WF box is so pretty!

This will work well I think - I am planning on proposing the first weekend in April in Newport, RI. I think the camera idea will be perfect, as I was trying to figure out a good cue for a hired musician to start playing our song! It will be near a lighthouse, so I can pretend I am going to take a photo of the view. ahah! sometimes thinking out loud is the best way to figure it out. Thanks for your input Elmorton!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Excellent!!! Sounds like a beautiful proposal!! Best of luck to you. :)

Nocturnius

Shiny_Rock
The camera bag works... my husband put the box in a microphone bag and popped the question at one of his concerts!

The box certainly adds romance, so I would try to keep it involved... it gives her just one more ounce of anticipation right before you open it. :3

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
If you can, definitely try and keep the ring in the box...that just adds that much more anticipation. As for the camera bag, does she like to take pictures as well. As mentioned above I think it's a great idea unless she sees something to take a picture of first...
2.gif

Is your camera bag large enough to fit the camera and the ring box? Is there any way you will be carrying a backpack for any reason just incase it's not?

This is so sweet and I wish you great luck. I find it very loving that you are planning something so special. Please, keep us updated and let us know what you plan on doing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results