shape
carat
color
clarity

What to say when proposing..?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jtlorino

Rough_Rock
Hi all. I am new to the forum and actually just stumbled across it by accident so I thought I wold join and ask a question that I have been racking my brain about for around a month or so. First a little backgroud..
My girlfriend and I have been together for what will be six years this december. We met/ started dating in college and I am madly in love with her. After college I moved to maryland to be with her since this is where she is originally from and love it here. We have had several conversations about getting engaged and I really feel the time is right. We already are living together and have had no issues with that at all. I honestly cannot see myself without her in my life. As far as the proposal goes, I have already purchased the ring and have an idea about the actual plan. She has told me she would like to be someplace with her close friends in attendance. A good friend of ours is the singer in a local band that plays every other week at a local club and all of our friends from this area attend every show. I feel this would be the perfect setup since it would not be odd to see all of our friends gathered in one place. I have already spoken to our friend the singer about this and he thinks it is a fantastic idea and wants to help me out as much as he can. He has even offered to try to convince the guitarist to learn our song so that they can do an acoustic version for us after I actually pop the question. I also am trying to arrange it so we can do it on a weekend that her best friend from college can visit since I feel it fitting that her future maid of honor be there and I know it would make my girlfriend happy to have her there to share the experience. As you can see I think I have a pretty good plan set into motion.

Despite all that I have a bit of a quandry as to what exactly I should say in the proposal to my girlfriend. I know it should come from the heart and each persons'' take is different but I am honestly lost as to what sort of thing I should say. I want to tell her how much she means to means that I can''t imagine life without her but I am terrible with expressing myself verbally. Any suggestions or nudges in a helpful direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all in advance

Joe

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know....you seem to express yourself quite eloquently here in your posting...how about re-reading your posting and express yourself based on what you''ve written here....it''s very poetic and obviously from the heart!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Good luck!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"I am madly in love with you. I cannot see myself without you in my life." And then some sort of question?

Good luck!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"I love you, will you be my wife (or will you marry me)?" You''ve chosen such a lovely and thoughtful moment, surrounded by those who are important to both of you, that simpler and to the point feels better than waxing eloquent. You''ll have time enough when the two of you are alone afterward and it''s more intimate to elaborate if you choose to.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It should come from the heart like you mentioned. Just tell her what she means to you and then ask her to marry you. I think you are making it harder then it is. After all after 6 years you''ll come up with something.

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
You make my life complete, your the only one for me, i cant picture myself without you, I know God has put us together, There is noone else i would ever want--- and i just made that up as i typed in 10 seconds. Just talk and the words will just come to you
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you already know the answer to your question. Go back and read what you said about her. You said you were madly in love with her and want to marry her. You need to use your own words and speak from the heart which you have already shown to us here. You''ve got it, just polish it a bit. I think your idea for the proposal sounds great, and really special. Don''t doubt yourself, you have all the right ingredients for an awesome proposal.
2.gif
Good luck, you''ll be fine!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
planning, all I have to say is don''t get too elaborate in your speech. When trying to remember my now husband''s exact words, all that I can recall are a few bits, such as "you''re my best friend," and "will you marry me?" although his whole speech seemed quite long! I don''t know about other women in general, but for me the proposal speech was something of a blur. We had been to dinner already and I was really hoping for a proposal, in fact I was already practicing my "game face" in case it didn''t actually happen that night! There are just mainly memories of total bliss, tears, and me screaming Yes! Yes! Yes! for all the world to hear! Keep it simple, short and sweet, IMHO!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I agree - in front of all those people keep it short and sweet. No one really wants to hear a story. You can do that later in private. To paraphrase your opening, say something like...

Her name, I am madly in love with you. (long pause)

I honestly cannot see myself without you in my life. You mean more to me than you can possibly know and I really feel the time is right (get down on one knee)

I love you Her name (long pause)

Will you marry me?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results