shape
carat
color
clarity

??? What do you think about this proposal idea ???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CRiLLiS

Rough_Rock
Sometimes my girlfriend and I have relaxing days. We just veg in my house and act silly with one another. Sometimes we fall asleep for a little bit. My question... Do you think it would be a good idea if I slipped the ring on her finger while she slept, let her wake up with it on and be patiently waiting to crop that knee when she finally noticed? I''ve been thinking about it, but I''d like some female responses. How would you feel in that situation? Thanks...
18.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Crillis...

You know your squeeze...what does your heart say? If you too are snuggle bunnies and casual and love your one and only time...than something along those lines will surely please her!!

It has been often brought up to measure a girls finger while she is asleep if you don''t know her ring size. And just like your idea...I seem a tad baffled.

I think people are under the impression that sleep is some sort of unconscious black out, check out of society opportunity to do what you want with a womans hand! Frankly...someone touching my hand or wiggling something on my finger will be met with a slobber knocker right in the kisser! I mean SMACK! My feet will more than likely kick the back of your head...so my slobberknocker will wallop a double whammy. Maybe even a KO!!

OK...so I have refrained from a reply on this post as I am obviously strongly opinionated on this plan. Couldn''t allow it to go without a comment any longer... I was wondering if you might consider some other way of hiding or presenting the ring. I hate for you to have a black eye when you are showing off your ring to family and friends.

There are many idea here on the board. One I remember was a guy took a cracker jack box and inserted the ring in a paper packet ...when she opened the "secret toy surprise" Viola!...
The ring could be in the bottom of the popcorn while you watch a movie.
You could pin it to her pillow case and let her find it.
Ask her to insert the movie or DVD and it is attached to the play button.
Tie it to fishing line and allow it to dangle from the ceiling. (OK that was stupid)
What about the toy surprise in a box of cereal.
Buy her a new comfy robe and hide it in the pocket.
Have a pet?...attach it to the collar.
Tie it to a stuffed animal.
Get a Build your own bear from your local mall, buy the recording feature insert...record your question or some really sappy comment... and get on your knee when she hears it. Or the recording could say...open my shoe...vest whatever and she will find it in wherever in the bear.

Sorry I don''t support your sleeping plan...but the alone comfy time together is really good.

DKS

lost in new york

Rough_Rock
I''m on the other end of the spectrum - you actually described my dream proposal! Private, not over-the-top, and so so sweet
5.gif

I wholeheartedly vote in favor. Congratulations in advance!

Date: 11/16/2007 3:28:18 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Crillis...

You know your squeeze...what does your heart say? If you too are snuggle bunnies and casual and love your one and only time...than something along those lines will surely please her!!

It has been often brought up to measure a girls finger while she is asleep if you don''t know her ring size. And just like your idea...I seem a tad baffled.

I think people are under the impression that sleep is some sort of unconscious black out, check out of society opportunity to do what you want with a womans hand! Frankly...someone touching my hand or wiggling something on my finger will be met with a slobber knocker right in the kisser! I mean SMACK! My feet will more than likely kick the back of your head...so my slobberknocker will wallop a double whammy. Maybe even a KO!!

OK...so I have refrained from a reply on this post as I am obviously strongly opinionated on this plan. Couldn''t allow it to go without a comment any longer... I was wondering if you might consider some other way of hiding or presenting the ring. I hate for you to have a black eye when you are showing off your ring to family and friends.

There are many idea here on the board. One I remember was a guy took a cracker jack box and inserted the ring in a paper packet ...when she opened the ''secret toy surprise'' Viola!...
The ring could be in the bottom of the popcorn while you watch a movie.
You could pin it to her pillow case and let her find it.
Ask her to insert the movie or DVD and it is attached to the play button.
Tie it to fishing line and allow it to dangle from the ceiling. (OK that was stupid)
What about the toy surprise in a box of cereal.
Buy her a new comfy robe and hide it in the pocket.
Have a pet?...attach it to the collar.
Tie it to a stuffed animal.
Get a Build your own bear from your local mall, buy the recording feature insert...record your question or some really sappy comment... and get on your knee when she hears it. Or the recording could say...open my shoe...vest whatever and she will find it in wherever in the bear.

Sorry I don''t support your sleeping plan...but the alone comfy time together is really good.

DKS

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
well i think it''s cute!
5.gif
i guess it would depend on how deeply she sleeps. but even if she wakes up while you''re slipping it on...still cute!!! it''s still be a big surprise, right? i say go with whatever you think is best, you know her better than any of us do! good luck!
1.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I have to agree with DKS if someone tried to pop something on my finger when I am asleep I am liable to hit them and hard either that or wake up going WTF. Other worst case scenarios is that she awakens as you do it ruins the down on one knee
7.gif

I do however like the relaxed proposal just you and her :) but what about you wake up a little earlier then her and bring her breakfast in bed (and some for yourself), and propose to her sometime around then :). Something like that will catch the relaxed atmosphere and laziness of being in bed but without the unwanted head bopping :).

GL with whatever you decide

ETA if it were later in the day maybe bring her an afternoon snack or a scrummy dessert :razz:

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I just said to my friend the other day that I would love if some morning I would wake up and find the ring on my finger... I thinks it''s a really cute idea. If you guys have a relaxing not over the top showy relationship I think it is perfect!!!

CRiLLiS

Rough_Rock
It''s a hard decision; I got another idea to run by you guys (guys and gals inclusive in the expression)
35.gif
. Sometimes I host game night at my house. We get 2 other couples and we play board games and sometimes Wii. (I''m 27 and I think it''s a blast
41.gif
). Anyhow, what if I bought the board game Monopoly and put the ring in with the pieces? I tell her sister to call up and say she''s running late. and that she and her husband want to play Monopoly and want to be the Car Piece. I could say: "Hun, can you get the game ready and pick out a piece for us"? Then boom, she rummages through the pieces and finds a beauty of a ring staring back at her; "BaM"! I think that would be awesome too. Is this a better idea, is it still "cute"?

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I love the monopoly idea! It is clever, unique, something she will always tell others about...Now that is using your Pumpkin!!

You could also leave it on her spot as she returns to get someone a coke or something...so she will see it it when she returns in front of her best friends. Of course...you will know if private plan is better.

And...I just happen to know of monoply charms. Can''t remember where I saw them. But this is something you can also get her as a pendant to wear for fun that reminds her of the proposal time!!

Hallmark has Monopoly Christmas ornaments. This is something else that can help tie into to theme and weave some memories each year you open it.

I really like it!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

DKS

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh... really cute idea!!! It would be great for her to be able to share it with you and then have her sis and friends show up soon after! The only thing is that if you can''t get her to fall for the oh... your sis wants to be the car, go pick us out a piece, scam, then youwill bbe forced to do it right as she opens the box in front of everyone, so be ready! I really like that though! Very creative!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2007 7:10:33 PM
Author: CRiLLiS
It''s a hard decision; I got another idea to run by you guys (guys and gals inclusive in the expression)
35.gif
. Sometimes I host game night at my house. We get 2 other couples and we play board games and sometimes Wii. (I''m 27 and I think it''s a blast
41.gif
). Anyhow, what if I bought the board game Monopoly and put the ring in with the pieces? I tell her sister to call up and say she''s running late. and that she and her husband want to play Monopoly and want to be the Car Piece. I could say: ''Hun, can you get the game ready and pick out a piece for us''? Then boom, she rummages through the pieces and finds a beauty of a ring staring back at her; ''BaM''! I think that would be awesome too. Is this a better idea, is it still ''cute''?
That''s a great idea!!! Love it!!!

largirl

Shiny_Rock
I think the sleeping idea is adorable if she''s a deep sleeper. The *only* think I''d be worried about is if you weren''t able to get it on all the way and it slipped off and got lost in the sheets or rolled off the bed. Of course, it likely wouldn''t really be LOST lost, but it would kind of ruin the moment.

As far as Monopoly goes, I think that''s a SUPER cute idea to use it as a playing piece. Could you maybe start out with her normal piece, and then wait til she gets up or isn''t paying attention and swap the original piece with the new piece? You''d have to make sure everyone else was in on it so they didn''t scream in surprise and ruin it. :) You could also - this would take a LOT more work but might have more impact - somehow slip the ring under the money in the middle of the board and arrange for her to land on Free Parking so she gets the pot and finds in when she goes to gather the money.

You could also do something with the Wii - maybe slip it on the cord between the nunchuck and the remote? Or use the message board function to leave her Mii character a message that asks her? That''d be really cute too!

CRiLLiS

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Each day, more and more I get excited thinking about busting out the Monopoly! Now my only problem is deciding whether I want it to happen in private or in front of her sister, brother-in-law, and some close friends.
emotion-40.gif

sheena

Rough_Rock
"i think you have a great idea , for woman it is great suprise and has a happy feeling to have a ring on our finger when we wake up."

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like both ideas for different reasons. I would love to wake up with a ring on my finger, and I love that it would be a very personal moment with just the two of you.

The monopoly idea is very cute, too, the only deal breaker for me would be that there would be other people around. I''d prefer the proposal to be just between the two of us, but if your gf isn''t like that, then great!

AND--aren''t there little cards involved in Monopoly? Isn''t it likely that your gf will have to pick up one of those little orange or yellow cards during the game? Is there any way you could rig it so she picks up a card that says something along the lines of, oh I don''t know, "I love you, will you marry me?" If you''re crafty you could find someone to create the card in the style of the other cards.

Then when she reads the card you could get down on one knee and say what you have to say, and put the ring on her finger.

OR you could be the banker and slip her a bill with the words written on it, or a propoerty card--the possibilities are endless!

I''m partial, but I like these ideas because then she has a little token from your proposal. My FI proposed with an engraved silver bookmark and now I use it everyday. It always makes me smile when I see it.

Good luck! And please let us know what you do!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Having had a 'Scrabble' proposal I think the Monopoly idea is great.

Franklin Mint do a beautiful limited edition with gold pieces - my FI found the same limited edition Scrabble set and I love having the special board and gold letters as an engagement keepsake.

Here's a link to the monopoly one...

They're not cheap, but they do come up on ebay quite often.

I would get her to go and get the usual board out and have this one in it's place. Then she opend the drawer to get the car for your guests and the ring is sparkling in there. That way you get the private proposal and then people round to celebrate!

designchica

Shiny_Rock
I love the idea of hiding in the Monopoly pieces!!
1.gif
Similar to you and your girlfriend, my boyfriend and I are pretty low-key and spend a lot of time relaxing, playing games, and watching movies. I''ve occassionaly thought about how he might propose to me in a way that would be low-key yet cute and romantic and I thought of something very similar to what you suggested. I think that''s a GREAT idea! Go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results