shape
carat
color
clarity

Traveling to Cozumel to propose

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WIDSMI

Rough_Rock
I am very nervous about my trip to cozumel. I would like to propase while im there but im very nervous about getting thru customs with a diamond ring. Has anyone had any issues or stories that you can share on how I can do this without being stoped when I get there and they ruin the proposal. Ofcourse I would keep the ring in my carry on luggage but will they search it and ask why I have this ring?.... The ring is rather large... 3 carat center and 1.25 carat band... total of 4.25 carats and thats why im a little nervous...

We will be flying from the US to Cancun..

Thanks

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
A friend of mine proposed to his now FI on a cruise and had put the ring box in his carry on with a post-it note attached saying something to the effect of "Proposal is a Surprise, Please be Discreet!" and had no problems.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Could you stick it in your pocket? Jewelry-grade metals won''t set off security scanners, just FYI.

GearDriven

Rough_Rock
uhh, I''d be nervous not having that tucked into my most precious regions going via Mexico... Theft would be a bigger problem than her finding out. Sure you may have insurance, but no ring would kind of blow the engagement... Get one of those money belt/thunderwear setups and stash it there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results