shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on proposal idea?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ITSJUSTCARBON

Rough_Rock
The plot:

So the ring comes this week or next (next week being thanksgiving weekend). My fiance-to-be''s (hopefully...even though she is dying to get engaged, so I know it is a resounding "yes") birthday is right after Thanksgiving.

The engagement plan:

After asking her father for permission, I am going to ask his help in making this happen. We are going to throw a "surprise" birthday party for my fiance-to-be; family and close friends will be there. I will take my GF to get a manicure (gotta have beautiful looking hands for what is to come!) and have an early dinner at this gorgeous restaurant that overlooks a waterfall. I will either propose by the waterfall before or after dinner (before will allow us to enjoy the engagement over dinner together). I will tell her not to call any of her family/friends, because they are waiting for us for her surprise "birthday party"... I think that filling her in on the party is the only way to not have her call anyone after the proposal...Following dinner, we will go back to her parent''s house for the surprise birthday party...little will the guests know that the surprise is on them! They yell "Surprise!!!"....We yell back, "Surprise, we''re engaged!!!". By default, the birthday party becomes our engagement party with all family and close friends to celebrate!

Let me know what you think!!!

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
that''s an adorable plan!! i love that you know the importance of freshly manicured nails! Though i''m pretty sure that unless you take her to do this often, she''ll know something is up.

either way, good luck! it sounds like a very thoughtful proposal!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I think you are off to a great start with the ideas. I do have some suggestions though. If she is "dying" to get engaged she will suspect a proposal if you take her to get her nails done. In my case I knew that we were getting close and I started getting manicures every two week for about 3 months before we got engaged. So, check her hands and make sure cause she might already be taking care of that. Also, one of the sweetest things that my fiance did after we got engaged is ask that we not tell anyone till the next day so that we could enjoy or engagement night together without anyone else. I didn''t even question it and it was honestly one of the cuttest things. I wouldn''t tell her about the party. Just tell her that you know she''s excited but if she wouldn''t mind calling people till the next day so that you can celebrate together. Then when you arive at the party she will have another surprise.

I''ll share this with you because it sounds very much like the proposal one of my friends did for his girlfriend when he proposed. He did the dinner and then a party afterwards which was supposed to be for her birthday except they had just gotten engaged. However, what he did do was have a family member tell everyone at the party that they had just gotten engaged. This family member then videotaped a message from everyone at the party. Then when the couple went home at the end of the night he gave her the videotape with everyones well wishes. It was truly a night of surprises for her and she has a video keepsake of it too.

Good luck!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2008 1:53:32 PM
Author:ITSJUSTCARBON
The plot:

So the ring comes this week or next (next week being thanksgiving weekend). My fiance-to-be''s (hopefully...even though she is dying to get engaged, so I know it is a resounding ''yes'') birthday is right after Thanksgiving.

The engagement plan:

After asking her father for permission, I am going to ask his help in making this happen. We are going to throw a ''surprise'' birthday party for my fiance-to-be; family and close friends will be there. I will take my GF to get a manicure (gotta have beautiful looking hands for what is to come!) and have an early dinner at this gorgeous restaurant that overlooks a waterfall. I will either propose by the waterfall before or after dinner (before will allow us to enjoy the engagement over dinner together). I will tell her not to call any of her family/friends, because they are waiting for us for her surprise ''birthday party''... I think that filling her in on the party is the only way to not have her call anyone after the proposal...Following dinner, we will go back to her parent''s house for the surprise birthday party...little will the guests know that the surprise is on them! They yell ''Surprise!!!''....We yell back, ''Surprise, we''re engaged!!!''. By default, the birthday party becomes our engagement party with all family and close friends to celebrate!

Let me know what you think!!!
I think it''s a wonderful idea!! And definitely propose by the waterfall before dinner--how utterly romantic!
30.gif

ITSJUSTCARBON

Rough_Rock
So I decided to change the plan. Although the surprise party would be fun, I don''t think the proposal night is about family and flaunting the ring... It should be all about us. So, in light of my change of heart, I am going to keep it low key. I remember her mentioning that she just wanted it to be a total surprise to her, and since she is kind of expecting that it is coming soon, I think a random moment is the best.

New Plan:

There is a 30+ foot waterfall near my house (which surprisingly, isn''t very well known in the area and is tucked back off of a dirt path). I am thinking we''ll just go for a walk (which we enjoy) to this "new trail" I found...5 minutes down the trail, we "unexpectedly" stumble across a huge waterfall, and I''ll pop the question then. I think I like this because it is spontaneous (even though it is premeditated) and will be done during the day...so we can do dinner and enjoy the whole day/night together. All in all, she''ll have plenty of opportunities to show off her ring, but I think we should enjoy the engagement in our own way as a couple first.

tabu

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely perfect! Wow, great idea actually, I like that it will be her birthday party as well as a "We''re enganged!" party. Good luck and hope all goes well!
21.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
*bump*

Your thread in the Ladies in Waiting forum was bumped, but I thought this one might stay at the top longer since this forum doesn''t see the same traffic. We''d love an update on what happened!!
1.gif

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
I like your idea, but I think the manicure might tip her off to what is about to happen. That's just my thinking. But what do I know? I'm a guy. I might get her a pedicure too.

EDIT: Whoops. I just realized how old this was.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results