shape
carat
color
clarity

Surprise In A Bottle (Ring Holder)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

straightupmad

Rough_Rock
The time has finally come to propose marriage to my girlfriend. We have been together for nearly 5.5 years, and she has become a huge part of my life. With being together for this length of time, we have definitely developed some what of a lifestyle together. Unfortunately or fortunately (depending how one wants to view it), our lifestyle does not include elaborate/extravagant/deeply romantic dates/locations.

To take her completely by surprise as much as possible, I want to pop the question in a setting that is not too out of the norm. If I just up and took her to a "fine dining" restaurant, carriage ride, walk around The Battery (Charleston, SC), or anything of the sort, she would know what was up from the beginning.

So, after a little bit of planning and a quite a bit of preparation, I have come up with the following.

I want to take her to one of our favorite Japanese steakhouses/sushi bars. During the dinner, I will ask the server for a beer but ask for the particular brew to be a surprise (I will be a little indecisive this night). The server will bring a bottle that I have prepared that contains the ring and has the proposal written on the label. After examining the intriguing bottle and possibly pretending to drink the contents, I will turn the bottle to face her. Once a little time has elapsed to allow her to read the bottle, I will tip open the bottle to reveal the ring.

100_0749.JPG

GettingDesperate905

Rough_Rock
Trade
awww! what a unique idea! i love it! im sure she will too
30.gif

Best of luck!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
That is soooo cool!!!! What an awesome idea!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
judging by the date on the bottle, today''s the big day! good luck! let us know how it goes.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
That''s so wonderful!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2010 2:33:18 PM
Author: ArtistJess
judging by the date on the bottle, today''s the big day! good luck! let us know how it goes.

Any news? We''re dying to hear!

straightupmad

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 4:40:33 PM
Author: Mrs.SE
Totally cool idea :) How'd it go?

It was a fun-filled/exciting day to say the least. I experienced a slight automotive malfunction while returning home from work that afternoon. A quick phone call to a friend for a ride to the restaurant was in order, as I did not have time to investigate nor repair the car. While heading to the restaurant, my friend and I ended up behind another person experiencing car trouble. This particular person was stranded on a busy 7-lane state highway. Since traffic happen to be at a stand still because of a traffic light at this particular moment, my friend turn on his hazard lights, and we jumped out to block the right-most lane and push the stranded vehicle out of harms way. We could now continue on to the restaurant.

Upon arriving at the restaurant, I reserved the table next to the big fish tank, as it was the most secluded/private table there. I gave the manager the bottle and explained how I wanted the night's events to occur. With everything set, I was able to return back to my place.

(Skipping ahead to the dinner.) My girlfriend and I sat down at the previously reserved table, looked over the menu, and placed our orders. I was afraid that the wait staff was going to give away the surprise, as they all could not stop staring and smiling at our table. After the salads and appetizer, I excused myself to the restroom to meet up with the manager and give him the ring. After I returned, the manager came by a few minutes later with the bottle as if I had placed an order for it while away from the table. He placed the bottle on the table facing her. Her facial expression was priceless. I picked up the bottle, got down on one knee, and proposed as I opened the bottle to reveal the ring.

She said yes, and the entire restaurant staff applauded (as well as some of the other patrons I'm sure, but I wasn't really paying attention to them).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results