shape
carat
color
clarity

So... I did it... and here is how!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

spt118

Rough_Rock
I did it this weekend!

Here is how it went.....

Her birthday was last week, and as part of her gift I got her a massage at Ettore spa in Center City Philadelphia. We were intending to go to a Winery Grand Opening above New Hope afterwards, so I drove her to the spa and said I would just hang out in Starbucks for the hour. I had worked all this out with the spa ahead of time so they played it cool all day. They had her get in a robe and slippers after the massage to relax with a mimosa. (she thought it a little odd she had to put on a robe to do this) They then informed her after the mimosa that she would be spending the rest of the day with them. She then got an hour long facial, an hour manicure, hour pedicure.
30.gif

While this was going on.. I went home and picked up her outfit and stuff for the next morning etc (she would have noticed if some of the stuff was missing that morning), I checked into the Lowes Hotel and got a corner suite with an awesome city view (I have a friend thats a manager there). I decorated the room with 250 roses, some in 6 vases around the room, some on window sills, some on top of the end tables, bathroom sink, tub, chairs, pictures etc. I "paved" a path from the door to a chair by the corner window with roses, tea candles and petals. I placed a radio with my Ipod playing softly hidden in a corner with a small play list I prepared.
17.gif

After the pedicure the staff of the spa presented her with 2 Hat boxes that I had put 2 dresses and 2 pairs of high heels in. One outfit was new that I bought the other was one of hers that I knew already fit her, which was good because the dress I picked out was a little too small
20.gif
(she is between a 2-4 dress and 8-8.5 shoe) The note said to pick an outfit and get dressed. The spa then did her hair and makeup for her. They had her go out into the lobby(they called me right before to tell me they were sending her out and I came up behind her in a full suit. (her other clothes etc were picked up by a friend)

I gave her a kiss and we got a cab to the Bellevue Hotel and took her to the 19th floor. We ate dinner at XIX www.nineteenrestaurant.com , and had some cocktails. She admitted she thought it was coming right here.... but I said I hoped you liked your birthday surpise, but we better get home to see the game(PSU vs. OSU). We took a cab back to the Loews Hotel I told her I parked there. While walking through I said lets see if Alex (our friend) was working. I gave him a call and had a fake convo with him. This was his cue to light all the candles in the room. He came down and met us in the lobby and asked Meg how she liked her "birthday" surprise, at this point she was totally thrown off. He suggested we go upstairs and check out the view of the city, it was awesome tonight with the near full moon and clear skies. We said OK and since we have done this several times before she thought nothing of it. I even pretended I didn't know where the room was right away when we got off the elevator.
31.gif

I opened the door and let her go in first... the 50 candles light up the room and as soon as she say all the flowers etc she turned and looked at me in amazement. I took her hand and led her through the room along our candle lit rose path. I set her down in the chair and gave her a single rose. I knelt down on one knee and took out the ring that was tucked just under the bed. I made my little private speach and asked her... she said of course and we kissed and she cried for a minute. She finally realized that she hadn't let me put on the ring and we did.. after a slow dance, some champange and some kissing we had Alex come up and take some pictures for us. We called our parents and some select friends etc....

It went perfectly... the spa staff was amazing. She said the spa was buzzing with talk of her "surprise" and customers and staff were talking to her all day about it. With the help of Alex I was able to keep her from really being sure this was it untill the last second. We both woke before sunrise the next morning because we were so excited, which worked out awesome because we took pictures of the sunrise and the refection of it off the mirrored glass buildings in the skyline. We ordered some room service and relaxed before meeting our parents for lunch.

It was a great weekend and week(I forgot to mention, a bid we placed on a house was accepted Thursday night!
36.gif
36.gif

Oh I took a ton of pictures through the night.. mostly in the room so I'll try to add some of them on to here.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, that is just the best!!!! I love all the thought that went into it, so perfect. Can''t wait to see your pics, I live outside of Philly. So know alll the places you mentioned. Congrats on the engagement and the house!!!
36.gif
36.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I have those silly little goose bumps and teary eyes...especially when you added the house offer. How did you pull that one off?

Your life together is just beginning and what a thrill ride it promises to be. The planning and string pulling you orchestrated was so incredible! I love how you had gone up to see the view before and she had no clue what was in store. Really great.

You thought of everything. Details...check! check! and check!

You are the master!

DKS

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great story!!!

You really pulled it off, congrats on the engagement and your first home!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I know all these places well, so I can say without reservation that you have excellent taste!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2007 11:06:33 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
I have those silly little goose bumps and teary eyes...especially when you added the house offer. How did you pull that one off?

I second that motion
6.gif
that is just an amazing proposal story one she will never ever tire of telling :)

Congratulations on the engagement and the house :)

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
this is such a sweet story and she is lucky to have someone who put so much thought into his proposal..but where are the pics!?!
31.gif

spt118

Rough_Rock
...especially when you added the house offer. How did you pull that one off?

Actually we have been looking at houses for a while now, it just happened by luck that it all came together at the same time.

Thanks for the wishes everyone, I owe many a thanks to this site for educating me about the e-ring process!

I will get the pics up here, but it might take a day or two. She took the camera so she could show everyone at work etc.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! Congrats, you are such a romantic; what a lovely proposal!

largirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that''s absolutely AMAZING. I love how you threw her off by telling her it was just her birthday surprise. Fantastic job!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Ok, first I want to say congrats and great job. But I have to point this out...the title of this thread was so familiar and it finally hit me...the OJ Simpson book!! Please tell me that was intentional! lol

siknastyinc

Rough_Rock
DUDE MASTERFUL, GOOD MAN, I HOPE TO HAVE A STORY OF SUCH CALIBER
36.gif

spt118

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!

I didn''t even think about that book when putting the title on the thread.. ha ha. Whoops!

This week has been great meeting up with all our friends and all. She is already emailing me about wedding dates. Its crazy how fast she gets a ring on the finger and goes into action!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 11:02:59 PM
Author: spt118
Thanks everyone!

I didn't even think about that book when putting the title on the thread.. ha ha. Whoops!

This week has been great meeting up with all our friends and all. She is already emailing me about wedding dates. Its crazy how fast she gets a ring on the finger and goes into action!

shh...don't tell anyone, she was probably in action prior to getting the ring.

sign,
the woman that has her wedding date set with no proposal lol

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, that is so sweet! Congratulations. your FI is a lucky girl.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results