shape
carat
color
clarity

Skiing proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Forbin

Rough_Rock
I''ve finally (after dating my girlfriend for almost 4 and a half years) gotten the ring and set the day I''m going to propose. We are going skiing with some friends this weekend, and I am planning on taking her out for a walk after dinner and asking her then. Tonight is the night I''m going to talk to her father, which I''m quite nervous about.

I''ve heard some differing opinions on which day/night I should propose. We''ll be up there Friday morning, ski all day Friday and Saturday and leave Sunday morning. I was thinking of asking her Saturday night, but I wonder if it might make me too nervous to have to wait until Saturday night. What does everyone here think?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I say Saturday is a good compromise. Why? She can get the ring after all the skiing and wear it when you guys are too tired to ski. No ring when skiing, just in case.... and if you get a ring, you will want to wear it 24/7...right ladies?

Danger skiing down a slope staring at your ice...so many deaths that way!

Seriously, you can relax a bit more and try to enjoy Friday and then Saturday at dinner pop the question, so you guys get one day of "no pressure" and then one day of "engagement". Saturday is just fine. I suggest night time at a place with twinkly or candle lights to set that diamond a' sparklin'!

If you do it in the daytime, that thing will also sparkle, but you might take her eye out...
3.gif

Congrats! And keep us posted on how you do get to do it!!! Relax, it's your engagement too and she'll just be so excited to hear the words, trust me!! YAY!
appl.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
I know someone who proposed on a mountaintop in the middle of such a skiing vacation. It went fine--no accidents.
9.gif

I would just make sure it's a sunny day--why waste all that ambient light?
2.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I'd do it the first day or night. That way she'll be in a high all weekend. (No pun intended!)
10.gif

I like the idea of doing it on the slopes somewhere.

Forbin

Rough_Rock
The only problem i can see with asking her "somewhere on the slopes" is that it would be pretty hard to get down on my knees with skis on.
1.gif
I may do it Saturday so that I can have some time Friday to scope the place out and find the "perfect spot" to ask her.

jackieblue

Rough_Rock
Sounds very romantic. I would go with Friday because then you could spend the whole weekend celebrating!! Your proposal though, so you should do what feels right to you.

Forbin

Rough_Rock
Got back yesterday from my trip, and everything went as planned. It took a little bit of coaxing to get her to go outside for a walk in the cold, but it was well worth it. There's a picture of the ring in the show me the ring forum here.

jackieblue

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!!! Did you end up popping the question early or late in the weekend?

Forbin

Rough_Rock
I did it Saturday night. She was totally surprised, which is good since I was afraid she was starting to catch on.
1.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Forbin!!! Congrats! YAY! So...she said yes?
2.gif
Kidding!!!

Congrats and lets get some details on HOW you did it, huh?
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results