shape
carat
color
clarity

Secretly moving luggage

naikii

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

Am in the processes of secretly trying to work the ins and outs of getting engaged, and how exactly I will pull it off, and would like some input.

We will be travelling overseas in the next 2 months, and I want to surprise her with a day full of activities and by checking into a fancy hotel, but I dont want her to know we are staying there until the very last minute. As part of the hotel package we will be arriving in the morning for a buffet breakfast, followed by a 3 hour hike. The new hotel is located in a village about 30minutes away from the town we are staying in, in France.

The options I am choosing between are these;
1. Book her into the hotel wellness center after our hike, book an hour massage, facial and then have her makeup done.. totalling about 2 hours. In the meantime, haul myself back to town, grab our bags and get back to the hotel.
Cons: expensive at 30-40euro taxi fare each way, any delays could leave her wondering why I wasnt there to pick her up after the treatment..

2. In the morning before we leave to breakfast get the hotel front desk to book a taxi, just for my bags, and have them delivered to the hotel, while we are catching alternative transport.
Cons: Taxi driver drives off into the sunset with our luggage, taxi driver doesnt want to drive unattended luggage etc..

I will be booking her into the wellness center regardless, so that is not an added benefit to option 1!

Welcome any other sneaky ideas people might have!

N

audball

Ideal_Rock
Just make sure you build in time for her to shower after your hike and before her spa treatments. I would NOT want to go have a massage and get my makeup done all icky from hiking.

Also, I'd probably skip the facials. Facials can irritate the skin for a few days before there is any benefit. They can be harsh and I believe you're not supposed to wear makeup after a facial for at least a few hours if not a few days?

I'd got her a massage, manicure/pedicure, and makeup over the facial. And then her nails will look fabulous for when you propose!

naikii

Rough_Rock
I never would have thought a facial would cause problems, wow! Ok mani/pedi/massage/makeup it is!

I have planned to follow the hike up with a shower then sauna, and would have told her to bring a single change of clothes to change out of hiking gear later, so that point is checked off (hopefully!)

audball

Ideal_Rock
Good! Shower time will be important! Haha. And yes, definitely skip the facial. Mani/pedi better choice.

I hope it goes well!

kefira

Shiny_Rock
You could consider hiring a courier to deliver your bags from one hotel to the other. Then have the second hotel hold your bags for you until you check in, or have them deliver the bags to your room. Probably not much/any cheaper than going back for them yourself, but a lot less hassle for you.

naikii

Rough_Rock
That is a good point as well! I didnt consider couriers as an option.

In the meantime I emailed the taxi company in France, and they seem like they will be willing to deliver the bags for the price of a normal fare.

I wonder how safe this will be.. I think in general drivers (at least in Aus) seem like they would do the right thing..

kefira

Shiny_Rock
That's good news. I would think you could put a little lock on each bag, to discourage rummaging. Tipping well may buy some loyalty, too, if you pay beforehand. ;-)

Congrats on your upcoming engagement!

naikii

Rough_Rock
Yes, thats a very good idea, a little tip could go a long way..

All this planning is a getting me antsy! 2 months seems so far away right now

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results