shape
carat
color
clarity

Savannah proposal in Late March/Early April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nachokoob

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster!

So I am currently saving up for an e-ring for my gf. I should have it in hand by March/2009. So I have been doing a little bit of brainstorming as to how to pop the question - I want this to be perfect and be something we remember the rest of our lives.

We have always wanted to take a weekend trip to Savannah - not sure what exactly draws us there - we have friends that have just returned and the pictures were beautiful. Perhaps it''s the "old fashioned" charm of the city.

So my big plan is still not set in stone and I would like some advice if anyone can offer any.

So my plan is to tell her we''re going out to a nice dinner and basically just tell her it will be a nice romantic evening - I found online some horse/carriage rides - private ones that would be great to take us to our destination. I think I will have it stop off somewhere (not sure where, yet) and go to that place - gazebo? fountain? park? and maybe have the driver make up some story of the park/place and some "legend" of sorts of love at that spot? (to help me out so she doesn''t catch on right away) I am entertaining the idea of hiring a musician(s) to be there - almost incognito and start softly playing "our song" while we walk to that spot where I will then drop down on a knee and propose.

Do I just have the musician play one song? Will it be awkward afterwards with the musician playing? Can anyone recommend anything in Savannah - place for dinner afterward? or should dinner be beforehand? As you can see - this needs to be ironed out a bit!

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

nachokoob

Rough_Rock
Also - what do you guys think about hiring a videographer to film it? I am up in the air on this as I don''t know what I really think of it - I think it would be cool to have "the moment" recorded to watch at a later date. Maybe just a photographer? Is that weird?

As you can see - my mind is working hard right now!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Ask her to dance afterwards!! :) I love the idea, just wanted to offer that off since you were worried about the music. Savannah is beautiful, I dream of going there, my mom and grandparents have been and there are some fantastic locations!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that would be beautiful; I love Savannah!! They do have carriage rides; it would be romantic to propose at Forsyth Park Fountain and the cobblestone roads are so charming. Sounds wonderful!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results