shape
carat
color
clarity

Romantic Dinner Proposal...Specifics?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Secret Proposal

Rough_Rock
For those of you who have proposed or been proposed to during a romantic dinner, did the proposal occur once you got there, during dinner, during dessert, after, or when!??!?!

Did you or your fiance coordinate with the restaurant?

What types of special accomodations were made?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Secret Proposal

Rough_Rock
Anyone that can offer any assitance!?
33.gif
35.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you done a search for your topic? I recall there being several posts in the past year involving a restaurant proposal plan...

spt118

Rough_Rock
If doing it at dinner I would do it during or right before dessert. It would give you sometime to relax and enjoy it before leaving.

I would not do it myself before the dinner. What girl can eat with that shiny new thing on her hand?

I didn''t do it during dinner, one because I thought she was expecting it then, and I didn''t want the moment to be so public, but some people are into that.

My vote it is for after they clear dinner but before you order dessert.

largirl

Shiny_Rock
I think it depends on whether you''re trying to keep it a surprise right up until the very moment you do it or not. For example, if you never go out to dinner, you''ve gone ring shopping, and you''ve talked about it - chance are that a romantic dinner is a dead giveaway of a proposal. Likewise, if you do go to dinner but you never order dessert, suddenly ordering dessert could be suspicious.

If you go to dinner regularly, though, there are LOTS of ways you can do it! I agree that you should do it after the main course, otherwise the dinner is pretty much wasted. You might eat it, but you won''t taste a thing! :) If you usually order wine or champagne, you can have the waiter bring out the ring in a champagne glass. You can have him bring out a suprise dessert with the ring on it. You can have the ring sitting on the plate when you arrive (under the napkin perhaps) although that breaks the advice of doing it after dinner. :) Maybe the ring is tucked inside the folder that contains the bill, along with a note from you that says, "Will you marry me?". If you do the classic pull the ring out of the pocket and drop to one knee, make sure the waiter is in on it so he can bring over a bottle of champagne to celebrate!

Whatever you do, just have fun and enjoy the day!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
SP -

i've never been proposed to, in a restaurant or anywhere else, but i think you could make it special. I would probably recommend during/after dessert if you could wait that long.

i think coordinating with the restaurant is up to you:
want to ask, then show her the ring? keep the ring yourself.
want to present her with the ring, then ask? have the waiter deliver it or something.
maybe aside from the ring, you could have the waiter bring out a favorite bottle of wine or dessert or something that you had brought in. better yet, do they have a musician that works the dining room or bar area? have them make an appearance and play a special song or something!

depending on the type of restaurant it is, you could maybe call and ask to reserve a room that they usually use for private parties. maybe you could hook it up so that it is decked out with a lot of flowers or candles or something? this would definitely be preferable if you aren't 100% positive that she wants to be proposed to in front of a bunch of people she doesn't know. it might give it away if she is semi-expecting it, but i still think that is better than doing it at a random table in the middle of the restaurant, and it would certainly make for a more intimate moment for the two of you

also, is the restaurant you have in mind special to the two of you? if not, then maybe you should do the nice dinner then take her to somewhere that is (special, that is)? i.e. site of your first kiss, a neighborhood you've talked about moving into together one day, etc.

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results