shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring''s ready -- why oh why did he make me go look at it with him?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
I called my boyfriend on my way home from class today to see if he was taking a lunch break. He said he was at the jeweler''s, and that my engagement ring was ready (we were having it custom made and I had designed it -- see earlier posts).

He had agreed not to tell me when it was ready since nothing up to this point had been much of a surprise. But, neither he nor I are any good at keeping secrets, so he told me. Then, he asked me if I wanted to go see it, since it had been a custom job and he wanted to make absolutely sure that I loved it before he forked over the cash.

Of course I said yes!! How could I have said no?

The thing is absolutely perfect and I love it and can''t wait to take and post pictures. It''s seriously the most perfect ring on my hand I''ve ever seen! The jeweler liked it so much that he was going to make another setting out of the same mold for his wife''s engagement diamond.

Ahh, but such torture... He wouldn''t let me take it with me!!! My precciouuusss.... He claimed that the check had to clear first, and that he wanted the proposal to be a surprise!? I think he just didn''t want me to know it was in the house. And seriously, what surprise? I''ve already seen the exact ring on my finger, I know that it''s paid for, and I know we''re going out to dinner at one of the nicest places in town on Saturday. Hmm -- some mystery!

Just had to vent. Am having separation anxiety from my ring. I want it!

Moral of the story for all the men out there: unless you want your girlfriend to nag you to death until you give her the ring, don''t let her know that you have it, and don''t let her see it -- it''ll only drive her mad!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Weemodin, I am so sorry, that must be absolute torture! I can't wait to see it when you finally DO get it. It sounds unique and I love anything different and personalized...

My BF obviously has me in the loop for my stone and the setting, but when it comes to the proposal, he is so hush hush, and I won't even bother to try and find out (against my curious nature)...
tongue.gif

Put it this way, I was one of those kids who used to sneak at night to the Christmas tree, use a knife at the tape seams, unwrap my gifts and sleep happily until Christmas morning...I am BAD. But I am getting itchy for the ring too...
love.gif

Post pics as soon a you can, now you've got me all curious!
appl.gif

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
Weemodin and Nicrez,

You two are so funny! I can imagine the torture! I'm in agony myself as I'm tracking the shipment of my e-ring as we speak...it feels like a million years. When you're in the loop for the diamond hunt and the design, you're in contact with the vendors so you are painfully aware of when the ring is finished.

Eventhough I'll pick it up this morning, I'll have to wait until I get home to open it because we both want to see it for the first time together...the utter torture. I won't be able to wear this ring out until after we're officially engaged in a few weeks...but you can bet that I'll be wearing it at home!!

Weemodin, as far as the actual engagement goes I hear that nothing prepares us for that moment when it actually happens. Like you, I know when the proposal will happen (Valentine's Day in my case when we go to Napa Valley), but I'm just gonna look forward to it with the same nervous anticipation as I had when I waited for my diamond to go to the appraisers. The way I look at it, this is one of the happiest times in my relationship and I'm going to savor every minute, every day of it.
2.gif

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
Dude, I still don't have my bling. Why?

God skipped me over when he was doling out patience. Darn it!

Want it!

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
Welcome it would be terribly unromantic if he let you walk out with the ring. On one side he is nervous because he is forking over mucho dinero and he wants to make sure everything is wonderful. On the other hand, he wants to salvage some romance and surprise.

Be patient ladies.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
But dude, the girl WANTS her bling...

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 2/5/2004 9:05:39 AM Nicrez wrote:

But dude, the girl WANTS her bling...----------------

So does my girl...

If she is patient for a few days or a couple of weeks, it may be perhaps more memorable and worth it in the long run.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Anticipation!!
3.gif
It's half the fun!!
11.gif
HeeeHeee!!!
2.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Weemodin, my BF told me, after reading this post, that he intends on doing the same thing to me that your guy did!

How awful! He's just mean!
angryfire.gif

Which means I will see my little bling, but won't get to touch it...my preciousssss.....
cry.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, if anyone would make me wear a ring I hate, the issue would end up in court (the other side of the same building)!

There's so much room for great surprises left... if you designed a unique setting, what chances would have been there for your guy to come up with the same design as a surprise?

I am ready to bet that the actual "moment" will not loose an ounce of anticipation and emotion, even if you had a timer on the wall instead of a table reservation announcing it!

Hm... just a thought.

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
I finally have it -- I'm posting pictures/rather funny story in "show me the ring" thread.

Whoo hoo!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I agree with you Val! BF and I have BOTH been searching for the stone, and I KNOW which one it is...I KNOW what my setting will look like, but the proposal itself is an absolutel mystery, and I LOVE that. I am still all anxious and nervous, just thinking about it!!! YAY!

I never wished for a proposal, as I was always extremely independant and non-committal, and now it's like this great event I totally look forward to, as we have been living together for a few months and i feel like we have been married already, without the benefit of calling him anything more than my "boyfriend", which just seems to undervalue what we have.

Sorry Weemodin to hijack your thread! YAY! Weemodin has her bling!!!!
appl.gif

Now where's mine...
cry.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Weemodin, I saw something that looked like your ring. Is this where you got it?

Link

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results