shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposing in Paris

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DDutch

Rough_Rock
Hi all you proposers and proposed!
Here''s a little something I would like to share with you:
What in your eyes would be so bad in proposing on top of the Eiffel tower in Paris?
Why shouldn''t I do this scenario?
I am from Holland (as my name implies) and my girlfriend is from the US. It''ll be her first trip to Europe and I thought this way it would be memorable!
But I am open to any (other) suggestions!

lovesparkles

Rough_Rock
Hi DDutch,
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of proposing in Paris. I can only tell you how I personally would feel about the Eiffel Tower - you know your girlfriend better than any of us do. Personally, I would hate the fact that there would be tons of people around at the top of the Eiffel Tower. :( Do you think your girlfriend would like something private or something with more people around? It really depends on her personality.

If you decide she'd like something more private, there are a couple of tiny parks near the Eiffel Tower with a great view of the tower and more privacy - maybe a few locals and that's it. :) Just my 2 cents!

-lovesparkles

DDutch

Rough_Rock
Hi Lovesparkles,
thanks for your quick response.

Here's the deal.
My G/F is coming to visit me in Holland. Her cousin is coming along also as it would be a great opportunaty for her (them) to come to Europe. I am inviting them to go to Paris as then they would have more of a Europe feeling.
I loved the idea of proposing on top of the Eiffel tower, never in my mind would I have thought about all the other people. It would be our moment anyway. And her cousin could make photo's of the moment.

I never had experience in proposing, but after reading some of the stories on this forum, I started to wonder if I was doing the right thing.

Therefore I am open to any sugestions.
Again, me being from Holland, I really would not care about how many people would be around if I was to ask my future wife!

Hear you later,

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You say this will be her first trip to Europe. Will she also be in the Netherlands or any other country or only in France?

Several people have posted that they wished to propose during trips to Paris and there has been some discussion of places where this could best be done. My husband proposed to me in Paris and I think it is very romantic to choose Paris.

On the other hand, since you are Dutch if she will be in the Netherlands, perhaps there is a place there which would be even more special to you.

I, also, would prefer a proposal in a quiet place, not a busy one. The park idea is, I think, a good one. I also think a quiet restaurant would be nice...or on the benches in fron of Notre Dame or on a boat on the Seine.

Let us know what you decide. It seems that many men come here and ask for advice but never let us know where they proposed or how the proposals went!

read.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi again, DDutch! Obviously I was writing at the same time you were and didn't see your above response until after posting. I would not like being in a crowd, but you know your girlfriend better than I do! She will always remember the place no matter where you choose and if the Eiffel Tower is "you", she will always remember it affectionately!

read.gif

DDutch

Rough_Rock
I promise to keep you informed!
As all of you help me, that would be the least I could do!

Proposing in Holland is something I am considering now. Now that the Eiffel tower might be a bad choice.

We still would have spare moments together since her cousin will be around.

I will keep on thinking.

Later,

marryme123

Rough_Rock
Your idea sounds beautiful. My name is Victoria and I work on a new TV show about wedding proposals. If you decide to tape the moment and would like to share your love story on TV please contact me at 818-255-9329.
wavey.gif

marryme123

Rough_Rock
Your idea sounds beautiful. My name is Victoria and I work on a new TV show about wedding proposals. If you decide to tape the moment and would like to share your love story on TV please contact me at 818-255-9329.
wavey.gif

jadegreene

Rough_Rock
IMO it isn't a bad choice at all. I agree about the crowds, but it depends when and where you'll propose. If it is just before closing on the first floor there'll be hardly anyone, even in summer. At any time other than summer it would be fine earlier.

BTW I got proposed to there a couple of months back...and I can only recommend it. We went to dinner at the restaurant on the first floor (late sitting) and came out on the first floor deck just before midnight and the light show. We were really struck by the beauty of it and there were only a couple of people around although it was summer.

And suddenly when I was looking out at the view he just said "would you like to marry me?". No speech is required really. If you have to prove your love with poetry just ask, why isn't it obvious already? I think the scene spoke for itself.

Good luck.

wavey.gif

vest

Rough_Rock
i think the tower is a great idea ... primarily because i've been working for 2 years to set up the same situation
naughty.gif

jadegreene ... if you happen to see this ... i know i am doing it up top (it's a long story, but it has to happen there), i hear there is an enclosed area, and an open area a few steps above that. which would be more cramped? and is the open area overly frightening if you're a tad bit afraid of heights?

jadegreene

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I think it kind of depends on which pillar you go up. Have a look at the official website http://www.tour-eiffel.fr/ for more info.

We went up in the lift (I'd done the stairs previously) and the first floor had a fairly open viewing deck, tourist shop and the Cafe Altitude 95 (where we had dinner).

There is a private lift to access the exclusive Jules Verne restaurant on the second floor and also another more enclosed viewing area with short stairs to a smaller viewing area. I'm not sure which you mean, during the day we found it was all very crowded and at 11:30 at night it was all nearly deserted, so I don't think it makes much difference.

Then there is the summit. I admit we didn't go to the summit that night, it was too close to closing time. So I have to rely on memories from 14 years ago...but suspect it is not as crowded.

However, if you're going late at night (to get the night view in summer you'd have to) you might not need to go up to the summit. I am not scared of heights at all so I didn't find it a problem and it gets more and more enclosed the higher you go up.

Hope that helps.

wavey.gif
appl.gif

vest

Rough_Rock
thanks for the help!

yeah, i want to go to the verry verry top ... the site is just what i needed though, i think it will help me plan it out a little bit. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results