shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal while skiing.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aj55

Rough_Rock
Hey guys,

Im finally going thru the details of pooping the question...i want to do it while we are skiing ....up a top the mountain over looking the view....wondering how i can make it different...with maybe something set up such as rose petals or even a blanket so if the ring does fall out of my hands it wont go missing in the snow.....any help would be great

aj55

Rough_Rock
Come on guys...i need some advice here...let me have it wateva it may be....

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Your proposal idea sounds great. Unfortunately, never having been skiing, I do not know the sort of gear you need to carry in order to ski. I don't know if this is at all practical for skiing, but will you carry a backpack with you? If you are planning to do that, perhaps you could do some sort of winter picnic. Part of your picnic gear could be a blanket or a cloth of some sort to put the food on. Maybe the resort you are going to can arrange something for you at your chosen mountain top location.

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
I think that a proposal while skiing sounds absolutely fantastic, mostly because I think anything involving skiing sounds absolutely fantastic.
love.gif
Plus, doing something athletic would be a great outlet for all that nervous energy beforehand and excitement afterwards!

My first reaction was that it would be funny to propose on a chairlift, but if either of you are AT ALL clumsy, that could be disasterous. But, where are you going skiing? If you'll be at the bigger mountains out west or in Canada, it would be pretty easy to arrange for a private gondola with the mountain staff. You could have it decorated (especially if it was one of the first cars of the morning), stocked with champagne, etc. You wouldn't lose the ring on the way up because you're enclosed and you would have fantastic views. Plus gondola rides are longer, so you have more time...

Another thing you could do is after stopping in for lunch or dinner, steal her gloves. Since she won't want to go back out in the snow without gloves, you can pretend to buy her a new pair (with one of the finger blocked with the ring.

I'd be tempted to keep it relatively simple for the actual proposal, since you both will be sweaty/gross and surrounded by strangers the entire time, which can complicate a more elaborate plan. That way you can save the pomp and circumstance for your celebration afterwards...

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
Hi There!

A friend's husband proposed in Lake Tahoe whilst skiing - he picked an area with a beautiful view (that he had picked out on some dry runs)that was fairly secluded - off the main ski routes.

He was worried about losing the ring in the snow so he tied some fishing line to the ring and attached that to a zipper on an inside pocket where he put he ring and that seemed to do the trick.

I think your idea of rose petals sounds lovely - you could put some in your pocket and before you go down on one knee gently throw some underneath where you kneel. Maybe if there is a good ski lodge you can arrange a bottle of champagne and leave a card for her for when she finally comes down to earth and then on with your celebrations!

Simple and yet very sweet. I wish you all the best whatever you decide.
appl.gif

KSparkles

Rough_Rock
What a cool idea to propose skiing! The snow and sun will make the diamond so brilliant
lickout.gif
. I would definitely consider the gondola idea, if they have them where you're going. It may also work to propose near the summit, on one of the traversing trails where there's not too many people. You could pull to the side and write "Will you marry me?" in the snow with your ski pole or finger (if it's a really really low-traffic area!). That would be very cute. Just don't do it on the chairlift - it makes my stomach do flips to think about the ring (God forbid!) tumbling through the sky into the snow!! Best of luck!

aj55

Rough_Rock
thanks for the replies. now i have one more question. we have already set a wedding date for next summer. we have been together fro 10 years now and we knew we would be getting married in summer of 2005. i already of her parents blessing and the whole thing. i never actually proposed but i feel wierd asking her to marry me wen i already know the answer.i still want to make it romantic, but dont know how to say it. any suggestions?

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
How about this:

"You are the apple of my eye"
or
"The moon revolves around you"'
or
"You are as sweet as honey"

Did you vomit yet?

Just kidding, just say what comes to mind and what is in your heart, that will be the best.

But............
On the other hand if you do not know what to say after being with her for 10 years, then I don't think anyone can help you. LOL

TMS

Rough_Rock
A friend of mine just did this what he did was on the way off the chairlift towards the slope he went a little ahead and then pretended to fall down and stay down. When his GF came over to see if he was OK he got on one knee and proposed

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
How about something along these lines:

I love you with all my heart and want to spend the rest of my life with you. Please accept this ring as a token of my love and do me the honour of becoming my wife.

Simple and to the point. I''d say yes.
9.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/3/2004 7:45
6.gif
6 PM
Author:aj55
Hey guys,

Im finally going thru the details of pooping the question...i want to do it while we are skiing ....up a top the mountain over looking the view....wondering how i can make it different...with maybe something set up such as rose petals or even a blanket so if the ring does fall out of my hands it wont go missing in the snow.....any help would be great
ROFL. I kinda think that no matter what words you choose, if you "poop the question" you''re not going to get the response you want.
2.gif
. That has to be one of the funniest typos ever!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/25/2004 1:40:25 AM
Author: aj55
thanks for the replies. now i have one more question. we have already set a wedding date for next summer. we have been together fro 10 years now and we knew we would be getting married in summer of 2005. i already of her parents blessing and the whole thing. i never actually proposed but i feel wierd asking her to marry me wen i already know the answer.i still want to make it romantic, but dont know how to say it. any suggestions?

Oh Drat...

At first I was hoping you were my BF...because we''re going skiing soon...but nope...none of this fits. Drat.

But proposing during a ski trip does sound romantic!

aj55

Rough_Rock
Alright the time is upon me.........i will be proposing on Friday nov. 26. My g/f suspects that it is happening on our trip. No biggie considering we have been together for 10 yrs and are already planning hte wedding. Any last thoughts or advice you guys can provide me would be great.

thanks,

aj

Gale

Shiny_Rock
So, what have you decided on so far from the options presented? If you lay down the basics of the plan, I am sure you will get some further advice on finishing touches.

aj55

Rough_Rock
well i have decided i am going to do it when it feels right. prolly wen we are at the top of whistler overlooking the beautiful view of the village or mountains. We are going to go for dinner that night and are spending the night there. The conditions arent the greatest so i wont be able to take her to seventh heaven one of the highest points on the mountain but i am sure i will be able to find another spot.

aj55

Rough_Rock
well i proposed on friday november 26. it went great. i wanna say thanks to all for ure opinions and advice. i couldnt have done it without you guys. how it went down:

we were skiing and i decided to take a picture of her with the digital camera. i didnt really take a pic but i told her to check it out as it turned out really nice. i had a picture of the ring in the box and when she saw it she jumped and when she turned around i had the ring and box in my hands. i put it on my finger and it was perfect. picture to follow.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! What a clever way to do it--she must have been so thrilled
1.gif

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. I am glad it went well. Saw your ring on the other thread - very nice indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results