shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal Timing - Is it rude to propose a week before a cousin''s wedding?

GLCLDUFF

Rough_Rock
All,

I bought the ring a month ago and have discussed engagmenet with my girlfriend, however we have been busy attending weddings and going on vacation so I haven''t had a good time to propose. I was planning on this weekend, however we are both attending my cousin''s wedding the following week.

Is it rude for us to get engaged so close to their wedding? I don''t want anyone to think that we are trying to upstage them. I would just consider waiting till the following weekend, however my g/f is been whining about it lately.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
That is absolutely not rude, rude would be proposing AT the wedding. A week is more than enough time between events for them to both be special in their own right. I think that is so considerate of you to think of your cousins feelings. Good luck to you and an early Congratulations!

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2010 12:54:27 PM
Author: sctsbride09
That is absolutely not rude, rude would be proposing AT the wedding. A week is more than enough time between events for them to both be special in their own right. I think that is so considerate of you to think of your cousins feelings. Good luck to you and an early Congratulations!
I agree. If you are ready to ask her, go for it.

ETA: Make sure you don''t tell her you think she''s been "whining" about it -- good way to hurt feelings and leave her wondering if you really meant it or just asked to get her to stop.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Not rude at all!

Have a blast!!

GLCLDUFF

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments and kind regards everyone. I figure I''d be okay, but I wanted to double check to make sure.

Toastie

Rough_Rock
Trade
I think it totally depends on your cousin, if she has been soending 8years planning her wedding and spending millions then probably wait. If she is a normal bride, i''m sure its ok, she will be happy that you are happy :)

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Proposal Timing - Is it rude to propose a week before a

i agree with toastie.... it really depends on your cousin. any normal person would be happy for you---others may be ridiculous enough to let it bother them. proposing a week before a wedding is fine--- proposing at someone else's wedding is just rude. good luck =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results