shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal Logistics - help needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cisco

Rough_Rock
Hi to all.

I am currently planning a proposal for when my GF and I are to be on vacation. We are regular travels and she is no happier than when on the beach. My proposed plan involves the following elements and it would be great of some of you creative PSers could help me put together the peices:

a. proposal to occur on the private beach of the resort (therefore hopefully quiet) - late afternoon or at sunset (to be decided);
b. proposal to follow with a private dinner on a beach gazebo (already arranged);
c. I have bought her a new dress for the dinner (a dress she mentioned a while ago and I have been secretly storing it since in anticipation for the event);
d. I have also created a photo album of our time together prior to the proposal.

Am currently considering arranging the proposal in either of the following ways, but would love to hear some thoughts and/or suggestions from the more imaginative of you:

1. I had originally thought that the proposal could occur at sunset on the quiet resort beach and then I would lead along the beach to the private gazebo to watch the end of the sunset with our champagne, etc. However, knowing our usual routine on holidays, we dont usually get "freshened up" after a day on the beach/pool etc until after sunset and I would imagine that she would want to have showered at least before we spend our evening celebrating. Furthermore, this would not give me a chance to give her the new "celebration" dress to wear until after the proposal evening (without ruining the suprise of the event).

2. The alternative suggestion would be to propose first on the beach, watch sunset with some (prior hidden champagne), return to the room prior to dinner in order to suprise her (again) with the photo album and the dress and then go to dinner on the beach. My issue with this suggestion is that the gazebo may not be as amazing after sunset as it would be AT sunset. I am sure it will be lit with tiki torches (or similar) and will look great so perhaps I am being a bit too picky with the details.

3. The third (new) idea would be to propose earlier during the day. This would involve a daytime proposal on (hopefully) a quiet beach during a local island sailing tour. We would then return to the resort early afternoon, shower and change to watch the sunset and I could hit her again (not physically) with the suprise of the gazebo. My only concern with this idea is that the event itself will be interrupted by the return sail (prob with other people) and the celebration will have to be on hold until the evening.

I know this is all quite trivial but I want to get this perfect. Any help would be much appreciated.

PostIt

Rough_Rock
I''d propose early in the morning just so I wouldnt have to hide the ring in a hotel room all day. You can give her the dress at the same time and then do the gazebo thing during the sunset.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I can give input - my fiance proposed early in the morning on the beach (actually in a beautiful over-water cabana at the end of the dock) I was wearing...well let''s just say my hair wasn''t done and I was one step above pajamas. But the sun was still coming up over the water, and it was beautiful. If you search my past posts you can see the pictures of the place where he proposed, in Belize.

As long as you''re not planning of having a ton of photos of the actual proposal, this works great. You can do it at a time that it is more quiet. Then afterwards, you can say, "I''ve planned a romatic dinner to celebrate" and when you''re back in the room, give her the dress (If there is a way the hotel people can maybe lay the dress out on the bed with flower petals or something while you''re proposing, that might be a nice touch, but not necessary)

Then, you can take a bunch of photos together, with the ring, in the dress, on the beach, at sunset, at dinner, etc and she will feel gorgeous. Everyone will see the great pictures of your vacation and the proposal and she''ll look beautiful!

I agree, giving her the dress early will probably tip her off and maybe ruin the surprise.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of proposing in the morning at sunrise (bet it''ll be pretty empty then!), and then having a second round of surprises with the album, dress, and dinner. What an amazing day the two of you will have!! I am so excited for you!
36.gif

Date: 5/2/2008 12:48:21 AM
Author:cisco
We would then return to the resort early afternoon, shower and change to watch the sunset and I could hit her again (not physically) with the suprise of the gazebo.
"Not physically?" Hilarious. Glad you clarified.
9.gif
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results