shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal in Paris

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dutch

Rough_Rock
Ok, here''s the readers digest version. I''ve been planning to propose in Paris for, well, a long time. Just received the ring, booked the hotel, etc. I just can''t figure out where to do it. Not going to do it at the top of the Eiffel tower. Looking for something original. Maybe on the banks of the Seine, on a river cruise at night, on the Palais de Chaillot timed to the sparkling of the Eiffel tower. We''re also staying at a chateau in Normandy. It was voted one of the top 50 romantic something or other in the world. Maybe there? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I can''t help you with the exact location...but I did want to chime in and say Yes!!! to a proposal in Paris. Of course I am not accepting your proposal...I already have accepted one. I just mean YES to your Pari plan! Mon Amie! We We!!

DKS

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Dutch,

My FI proposed in Paris (on top of the Eiffel Tower) the first night we were there. The rest of the trip was filled with him saying "ooo, I wish I''d proposed here!"

The Seine is a great place to propose. There are so many places along the Seine to propose, there are so many gorgeous bridges. We saw a man propose to his girlfriend along the Seine and it was incredibly romantic. You can also take cruises along the Seine, though ours was crowded, so it wouldn''t be very private. Maybe you could schedule something private? The cruise was one of my favorite highlights of Paris.

FI jokingly said he should propose in the catacombs. I do definitely recommend you go to the catacombs, though it''s obviously a bit macabre for a proposal :)

I think that Montemart would be an ideal proposal. I forget which stop it''s at, but there is a large cathedral on top of this huge hill and there is usually a large crowd that gathers to watch the sunset, but you could still easily find a private area. The entire city is below you and the sunset is so beautiful. I''ll post a pic we took.

There are tons of other options, obviously: Versailles, Notre Dame, on the grounds of the Louvre, the Arc de Triumphe, any quaint side street will provide a beautiful backdrop. Heck, even the balcony of our hotel with a glass of champagne would have been perfect (there was a gorgeous view of the Eiffel Tower). I''m obviously biased because for me the entire Eiffel Tower experience was surreal and I am forever grateful for such a wonderful proposal. My only real suggestion is that you do it early in the vacation. Trust me, your soon-to-be fiancee will absolutely love running around the city in a newly-engaged frenzy :)

montmarte2.JPG

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
I''d propose in the chateau in Normandy. I just think that''s more original than Paris and it will be easier to have a more private moment there than on some street/boat in the Paris. However, I may be a little biased since my fiance proposed in a chateau in the Loire Valley! It was **so nice** to have a special, private night in "our" chateau in the country before we headed back to Paris for the rest of the week.

However, I would say that the best proposal is one that is spontaneous and in the moment, not one that is planned down to the last second. It will be more heartfelt if it just happens at the right moment. My FI planned to propose at night after our private dinner in the chateau in front of the fire with champagne. However, he ended up proposing much earlier in the day soon after we arrived at the Chateau. We hadn''t showered yet since getting of the plane and we were just in jeans and sweaters. But, it became the right moment for the proposal and I''m glad my FI seized it because it was just more sincere than a staged proposal later that night would have been.

So, I would say, just go to France and I''m sure the "right" moment to propose will just naturally present itself, whether its in Paris or in Normandy.

Good luck with it all!!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
the steps of Sacre Coeur would be a beautiful place. it overlooks the city and the church itself is absolutely gorgeous. maybe in the evening, when the city lights come on. it would definitely be my pick!

(this isn''t me, just a random picture i found in a google search to give you an idea!)

SacreCoeur.jpg

dutch

Rough_Rock
"My only real suggestion is that you do it early in the vacation" I had never given this any thought, but it makes sense to do it early rather than later in the vacation. I believe I''m going to use multiple proposal sites & actually do the deed when it feels right. I wouldn''t be comfortable doing it in front of people; it will have to be at least semi-private. I''m challenged in the romance department, so I greatly appreciate everyones suggestions!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh-along the Seine, I like that idea. There are some really romantic spots in the Jardins du Luxembourg, too. I have to say, though, I still love the Eiffel Tower proposals, even if they have been done before.

Normandy is also a great idea, but like the others have suggested-please do it at the beginning of the trip.

Good luck and congrats!!!
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really think you are safe anywhere you have a semi-private moment! And I agree, do it very early in the trip, except not the first day you arrive because of exhaustion!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
What hotel did you book. Does it have a balcony and a view?

I think a late afternoon (sunset) proposal on a rooftop would be awesome...with all of Paris around you. Or if your hotel does have a cute balcony with a view, find some time when the lighting is perfect for the balcony...either early morning and late afternoon. If you morning folks, I think early morning sun is just SO beautiful and the city below is much quieter. You can say something cheesy like "it''s a new day and I want to start this new day and a new life with you as my wife. Will you marry me?" Hehe. Then order a fantastically yummy and lazy breakfast in bed.
31.gif

If you do it early in the morning on a nice day, she can have the WHOLE day to admire her ring in the sun! Added bonus is that neither of you will probably be intoxicated so it will be 100% unadulterated emotion. And champagne is always fine in the morning!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results