shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal idea, would like feedback

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrburgandy

Rough_Rock
I plan on proposing to my gf of five years on her birthday in august. We both go to the same college and she is graduating this weekend but I still have one more year. I plan on getting her to come with me when I move back in at school so we can celebrate her birthday with our freinds. I am going to tell her that the day will be filled with alot of "firsts". I plan on doing things that we have said we wanted to do or thought about doing these last four year but just never did.
To start off the day we will head to the little zoo in town and check out some animals. After that we will head off to a special spot(TBD) and have a nice picnic.
To finish off the afternoon we will go the art museum that is on campus that we have never stepped foot inside. Now is where i start getting nervous. My plan is to have a photgrapher take a picture of me on my knee in the "proposing positon" and get it hung somewhere in the museum. When we get to the spot where the picture is I will get down and tell her how much I love her and then ask her to marry me. After she says yes, which she better, we will go to a nice restaraunt so she get dressed up and show off her new bling. Hopefully sfter dinner we can go hang out with our freinds at the bars and celebrate with them. Sorry for the length but writing this down has really helped me iron out some of the details.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the whole thing sounds charming. I really like the idea of having a day of "firsts". Are you anticipating any difficulties getting the museum to go along with the plan and hang your pic somewhere?

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
I really like the idea of her being able to show off her bling after you two have had your moment to be excited together. Girls LOVE telling everyone that their engaged.
2.gif

I think your plan sounds really great. You definitely put a lot of thought into it and I know she's going to be very excited.

5 years!!! That's great! Does she have any idea that its coming?

mrburgandy

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for your replies.
To answer the question about the museum, I hope so. This is a fairly small museum and it doesn't seem very busy so I hope they will not have any problems. This is a better idea than my first which was to try to get it hung at the St Louis Art Museum which would have been a lot harder. As for VAgal13's question, she knows it's pretty much enevitable but I think she is going to be very shocked, at least I hope so.

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Awesome! Surprises are always fun.
appl.gif

I can't wait to see pics of it on her hand. August seems so far off, but time will fly.

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
Your idea about the art museum is very cute, and original! We hear lots of proposal ideas here and yours is a first. I can just imagine how shocked she'll be to see the picture of you in the art museum. Please be sure and let us all know how it goes! All the best.

wavey.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Would you please post pics of the ring. Please, please, please, please.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results