shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal Idea w/out ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringybingy

Rough_Rock
Can I hear some Proposal Ideas that would not involve ring? I''d like to get the ring together.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
propose with a ring pop. Or a silver band. OR propose in a jewlery store, like in Sweet home alabama!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Bread tie

Napkin ring

draw a line around her ring finger w/ either a sharpie or one of those metallic silver pens?

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I like that idea about drawing aring around her finger - so cute.

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
Or just propose. No ring.

Or with cut outs of various rings you like.

Or with another piece of jewelry (although that may be annoying)

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
In today''s day and age I think a serious proposal followed by an offer to start ring shopping may be perfectly appropriate. I didn''t choose it for myself, but it may be right for some. However, you may want to consider the reasons you want to propose without a ring. If it''s because you think she won''t like what you would pick out, there are ways to work through that. One option people have considered is proposing with an inexpensive solitaire band. Then you can pick out the setting together and have the diamond re-set into it''s new setting. She may not want to part with the setting you gave her, so you could have another gemstone, such as a birthstone mounted in it or just keep it as a memento.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
ringy bingy: I had to respond because I actually like the idea of a proposal without the ring. 1) I am picky and 2) I like the idea of desinging the ring as a "joint project."

That said: I like the idea of the cut out pictures. I also have imagined the "Cracker Jack" proposal where I would get the ring inside the box. Do they still put the rings inside cracker jack boxes?
33.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
My fiance proposed without a ring, but he chose the ring by himself later. He took me out to a romantic dinner at our favorite restaurant and then we''d sat down on the couch to watch a movie, when he sweetly whispered in my ear "JC, will you marry me?"
30.gif
Then we went to Walmart to buy a $8.88 big fake cz "placeholder" ring.

You could present her with an engraved locket - engrave "will you marry me?" on the back or on the inside, and put a pic of the two of you in it - and then give her a card/"gift certificate" for the perfect engagement ring.

Whatever you do, make it personal to the two of you and make it special. And when you do get the ring, get down on your knee and put it on her finger for her. That''s the sweetest thing!!!

Ronnie Frown

Rough_Rock
I''m with JC on this one, make it personal and unique to the two of you. THen when you two have picked out the ring charm the pants off her
emwink.gif
when you give it ot her. I like the ring pop idea too, it''s just funky enough that it''s sweet.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea of presenting something as a symbol, but I also think simply holding her hand while on bended knee would be incredibly romantic. But what do I know, I''m just a guy.

tony2

Rough_Rock
I need help on how to say yes. I know he will be asking me soon and I am not good with words, how do i say yes?

Thanks
Tony2

ringybingy

Rough_Rock
do you know where i could find something like an engraved locket? how can i tell if proposing without a ring is the right thing to do?

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
You can buy a locket from almost any jewelry store, and if you have a Things Remembered store in your area, they do tons of engraving, and might sell some lockets to boot.

I think almost any girl would jump at the chance to help pick out her own engagement ring. And if she''s like me, it''s the proposal that makes the moment, not a piece of jewelry (*GASP!* Sacrilege on a diamond forum!!). If you''re really having reservations about proposing without the ring, you can do what a lot of guys do and buy the stone, set it in a simple inexpensive 4-prong setting (preferably in her choice metal!) and pick out the setting together.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
sorry to hear you''re feeling lost!! Do you have a sister nearby? Friends who are married/recently engaged? Her best friend?

appletini

Ideal_Rock
My BF and I (mostly me) are choosing the diamond and designing the setting together. That way we both like it and we are both involved in the process (I''m very picky) and it will be more sentimental. Then when the ring is ready he can plan and surprise me with the proposal.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I would go to a jewelry store and buy a nice gemstone ring that she can later wear on her right hand. Maybe a pink sapphire with pave diamonds around it (I guess you can tell what I want!!!). Then, go pick out the e-ring together. Let her pick her e-ring b/c only she knows exactly what she wants.

If you don''t want to involve a ring at all... how about going on a hiking trip. Go to the area a day or so before hand and carve "Name, will you marry me"? Just make sure that you remember where the tree is... remember a few landmarks.

Then, you can go back years later and still see the engraved tree!!!

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
Another idea... you could make a home movie, maybe get someone to help you. Maybe film where you first met... where your first date was... have YOUR song playing in the background. Tell her how much you love her and that you want to spend the rest of your life with her, etc. You can get professionals to help you with this.

Rent a movie for the night... slip this special movie in instead of the real movie. Surprise!!

kelly13615

Rough_Rock
I would get a charm bracelet and have the first charm be a diamond ring charm...then you have something to remember the moment by and also add to with more memories down the road!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Look at lockets at www.jamesavery.com they do lovely work and are great people! Or if you are traditional type people the Museum company makes reproductions of traditional engagement rings (which were silver and then you got a gold band when you were married) I have one of those and I cried when I got it it says Onli yours in traditional old English, but we are history nerds so for us this was perfect. What do you share and enjoy together?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results