shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal Help - Tape "Marry Me?" on top of car?

noobiediamond

Rough_Rock
Trying to think of something that will be an instant surprise versus planning out a day or a night so she does not have time to expect anything coming.

She lives on the 4th floor of her building and I park my car below and you can see it out of her window if you lean over the back of her couch.

My thought is to tape "Marry Me?" on the top of the car with blue painters tape as my car is white. I would ask to look down at my car to see if the sunroof is still open, maybe before we leave for a happy hour or dinner and take her car. So then she will look down to see the words "Marry Me?" as I am kneely down before she turns around to see me.

Is this ultra cheesy? With she think I didn't put much thought into it?

Any suggestions would be great!!!

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
I think this is a supercute idea! And then when she turns back around, you'll be kneeling there with the ring!

Shane Co.

Rough_Rock
Trade
I think it is a really fun idea if you're going for that really quick surprise! Instead of using painter's tape, it might be good to print a large banner at a local printer (shouldn't be too expensive) to ensure that it is easy to read from four floors up. You could use rope to attach it to your car as well. I hope your proposal goes well!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I'm the odd one out on this one. I personally don't care for the idea, sorry. It seems impersonal, and as a woman who was proprosed to, I LOVED hearing the words, "Will you marry me" and would have been disappointed if I been asked by the roof of a car.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Does she like cars? If not, perhaps tape it out on the ground and put flowers around?

Colltee

Rough_Rock
It's FAB! You're a clever bloke, it's very unique and cool.

I normally detest the idea of any cheesy/public proposal ideas or such BUT this one made me smile and I think it's a bit of a laugh. I think you should stick to the painter's tape idea as the more casual looking the better - it'll add to the quirky feel. It's got a real fun feel to it and quite endearing. I'd love this idea if it were me as it's really creative, not OTT, thoughtful, shows you really want to surprise her in an imaginative way and you've thought about all the details. You can still ask her to actually 'Marry you' when you're down on the one knee. Overall, if you can pull it off I'd say it's really cool and a really good way to surprise her.

Just somehow make sure shes not looking out the window when you drive up to her place!! Good luck! :appl:

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Love the idea :appl:

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
If you're worried about her seeing it when you pull up, consider this-

Since you already said you have a sunroof, make sure you tape your message in big bold letters to the top of the sunroof. When you pull in make sure your sunroof is open (meaning it would slide into the recess of the roof and be hidden. When you are sure she wont be looking, close the sunroof and your message is visible.

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
I like it! It is cute and will totally surprise her. I would use a sign or something though so you two could keep it as a memento. I would also, when she turns back around, verbalize "will you marry me?"

BigPhilly808

Rough_Rock
i know im chiming in 6 months later...but this is an AWESOME idea!!! simple & sweet!! i hope this all worked out....please let us know if it did!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results