shape
carat
color
clarity

proposal, but get the ring later in the day?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cosmokramer

Rough_Rock
hope you guys can help me out
1.gif

here''s the situation. i''ve been planning on proposing Sat morning, but i just found out the ring wont be available till Sat. Unfortunetly the next couple of weekends we are very busy and wouldn''t really work for proposing for a variety of reasons and i know the ring will burn a hole in my pocket. I live with my gf and I have a feeling if I say i have to run an errand for a couple of hours (it''s at least an hour and a half drive total back and forth, but coincidently it''s right next to her parents) her BS detector would go in full mode. and frankly i''m not the greatest liar, and also she knows the proposal is coming at some point.

So in my mind I figure i could wait and do a midweek proposal which sounds kind of sucky since both of us have to get up early for our jobs. or i was thinking i could propose with the ring her grandmother gave her (basically costume jewerly but does have sentimental value), let her know the real one is awaiting, and then we can go together to pick it up. does this sound strange? any brilliant ideas? thanks guys! sorry if i had too many run on sentances.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any chance you can get called to the office for a few hours Saturday? Or maybe have her mother invite you both for lunch and then sneak out to get it?

Otherwise, a mid week proposal sounds like the best option. Something like a nice dinner or something.

I''m a sentimental type who wouldn''t want to be proposed to with one ring and then wear a different. IF you proposed with a ring she could wear every day forever in addition to the the "real" E-ring, that would be okay (for some people).

Another concern with asking her in the morning and then picking the ring up later is that she may think you didn''t really put any thought into it. (which is clearly not true or you wouldn''t be here)

cosmokramer

Rough_Rock
she knows i'm way too lazy to work on a sat and my job is very m-fr specific. her mom's not a bad idea. that's for the ideas.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
My Fi had to do exactly this.

He finished night shift Saturday morning and slept on the couch so he wouldn''t wake me. Woke up in a ''grumpy'' mood and mumbled something about needing to go to the bank, drove to the jeweler picked up the ring and drove back (jeweler was 50 mins away).

Then he proposed
1.gif

I knew that the ring was getting made but alarm bells didn''t ring for me because he was in such a (fake) foul mood. And i didn''t ask him any questions or anything about why he had to go to the bank because i thought at the time the best thing to do was let him be.

Now i am not saying that you should fake a foul mood to get out of the house on the saturday morning
3.gif
but maybe you could create a different diversion like having a friend or family member call you and ask you for some help with a ''problem'' (car, computer, something!) something that seems legit so that her BS meter wont be going off.

Good Luck!

cosmokramer

Rough_Rock
we''re on the same page hawaii. i have it set up for my father to call me sat morning and "ask" me to go help him with his computer. i''m going to fake bitch about it on the phone to him. this should be believable since she is well aware of how incompetent my parents are with their computer and how pissy they get if i don''t come over right away and fix it.
9.gif
maybe her bs detector will go off, but hey at least i tried.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2009 4:38:37 PM
Author: cosmokramer
we''re on the same page hawaii. i have it set up for my father to call me sat morning and ''ask'' me to go help him with his computer. i''m going to fake bitch about it on the phone to him. this should be believable since she is well aware of how incompetent my parents are with their computer and how pissy they get if i don''t come over right away and fix it.
9.gif
maybe her bs detector will go off, but hey at least i tried.
That actually sounds like an excellent diversion. I doubt she''ll suspect anything, especially if you''re a good actor.
9.gif

Best of luck to you!!! I hope everything turns out perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results