shape
carat
color
clarity

Plane proposal???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Newfeeflip

Rough_Rock
OK...from the few posts I''ve seen on proposing on a plane, I can say the majority think that this is not the most romantic place to do it! I really wanted to do something that she would not expect and that''s what she wants. She knows I''m not the type of person that likes public displays of affection so I thought this would be the best time to do it. Does anyone have any ideas for me? We''re going on a trip to a resort in Jan...I''d like to propose then. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
I strongly considered proposing on a plane back in July. I thought it through carefully and decided against it. I''m very glad I did. I remember thinking about how it might have gone while I was on the trip and in the air. My evaluation wasn''t positive. That said here is some of what I considered. First of all you are an absolute captive for 1-5 hours+ depending upon where you are going and there are hundreds of people that are elbow to elbow with you. If either one of you is shy or wouldn''t want everybody around clapping or congratulating you continuously then you will find it very uncomfortable. I considered trying to get first class for the leg of the our trip when I would propose. That would have meant there would be far fewer passengers and only two seats per side, but the cost wasn''t worth it. My g/f is not very relaxed on planes either so that''s another problem. The general stress of waiting in line to check in and at terminals and be herded in like cattle just don''t say "romantic". Plus you can''t control anything. You can''t move away from people, you can''t sit and look at the sunset, you can''t have a candlelight meal etc. So I say, consider proposing during the trip or come with an idea to propose at home.

Newfeeflip

Rough_Rock
Hmm...good points brought up there. I''ve been considering not doing even more these last couple days. I really want to do something she won''t expect, but I do want some romanticism involved as well. Not being in control was one of the things I really agree with you on. All these "what if''s" when we''re on the plane. I''m thinking of just doing it on the beach when we get there on our first night...maybe after a nice dinner or during sunset. I''ll definately think of something else other than the plane, but I''ll get back to you on my ideas. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results