shape
carat
color
clarity

place decided, thoughts & suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ambition

Rough_Rock
Hello all-

So I have the diamond and it''s currently at the jeweler who''s making a custom setting for it. Should be done in the next 3-4 weeks. I also just bought tickets back home (for me) for a weekend in November when I plan on proposing. We''ve been back a few times together but never in fall and fall is my favorite season. Beautiful colors and crisp mountain air!

My plan is to take her (on the second day we''re there) to a hot springs we''ve wanted to go to for a while but just haven''t had time to during past trips (pic attached). Any thoughts on the place and on fun/romantic ways to do it once there? We''ll likely have friends/family on the hike up with us but I want the actual proposal to be private. I was thinking about having them create some sort of diversion right before getting up to the top as we continue on and I actually propose. I was thinking of then having all my family and friends meet us out for dinner that evening to celebrate.

Let me know what you think!

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful location.

You might have one of your friends/family follow discreetly to take a picture.

I like your idea of continuing up for a private proposal. It sounds so sweet and romantic. Be careful what you use as a diversion. If it is too convincing or interesting she may want to stay behind too.

Will your friends & family know it is coming? Or will just one or two diversion makers know about it?

ambition

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Good suggestion about getting some photographs and point taken about the diversion :)

There probably won''t be many friends and family (a handful max) and they will all know it''s going to happen. She will probably figure it out too which is why I was looking for a cool way to do it once there.

Thanks again and any other suggestions are more than welcome!

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you like picnics together? (or does she really wish you did?)

If so, a picnic on one of those flat rocks would be amazing. A single red rose. Champagne. A sweet dessert (or her favorite picnic foods).

A sunrise dessert picnic would just be too romantic. (not sure if the hike down would be safe in dark, so use your judgement)

Maybe you could have a friend hike up ahead of you and have the picnic waiting (so even if she expects the proposal the picnic is still a surprise).

ambition

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Everything is set, I just got the ring and we fly out today! We''re going to have a picnic at that hotsprings and I plan on bringing a bottle of bubbly.

In case anybody is interested in seeing the finished ering, pics of it are here.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/12/2009 8:23:22 AM
Author: ambition
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Everything is set, I just got the ring and we fly out today! We''re going to have a picnic at that hotsprings and I plan on bringing a bottle of bubbly.

In case anybody is interested in seeing the finished ering, pics of it are here.

Beautiful ring.

Let us know how it goes.

peterspixie

Shiny_Rock
Oh I am so excited to hear how things go!!
30.gif

ambition

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/22/2009 9:07:51 PM
Author: peterspixie
30.gif

Things went really well and we''re now engaged! Couldn''t have been a prettier place. Check out the ring thread
here for a few hand shots.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/23/2009 2:00:10 PM
Author: ambition

Date: 11/22/2009 9:07:51 PM
Author: peterspixie
30.gif

Things went really well and we''re now engaged! Couldn''t have been a prettier place. Check out the ring thread
here for a few hand shots.
Congratulations!

What an amazing view. The ring is beautiful. I love the snow on the mountains.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results