shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions pls re: timing of proposal during vacation...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mypak

Rough_Rock
hi all, 99.9% sure i''m buying the rock, setting it, appraising it, insuring it this thursday, gotta leave work early to do so...

anyway, have a trip set for next week to hawaii and plan on proposing while there (in maui)

have already read the good advice re: getting thru airport security with the ring...thanks for that

anyway, what does everyone think re: the actual timing of the proposal? we are gonna be there 5 nights.....do you think it''s better to do it early on (cut the suspense) or wait til the latter part of the trip? she knows the proposal is imminent and is probably guessing i''ll do it during the trip, so not sure if I should do it early on and put her (and my) mind at ease so we can enjoy the rest of the trip or wait, have fun, then do it towards the end?

my gf is a bit on the antsy side now esp since she knows the setting is finished, etc. but she doesn''t know that i''ve already been doing a lot of work on finding the diamond, etc.

any pros/cons appreciated, thanks.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
If she knows its coming, why not do it before you leave? That way you can spend the whole trip celebrating. If not I saw towards the beginning.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I say propose before you leave. She won't be expecting it before you leave and it would be more of a surprise. If on the trip, I say the first night you are there. That way she can enjoy the trip more not obsessively thinking about the potential proposal. Good luck!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m with the other two posters, except that the setting will be so romantic if you wait until you''re there. Although, the proposal will likely be one of the most romantic moments of both your lives, even if it''s in a McDonald''s, haha.

If it were me, I would say early on. I think that I would be preoccupied thinking about it the whole time if I were expecting it, and it might detract from the other wonderful things you''re doing there.

No matter where or when you do it, she will love it.

Good luck with your proposal, and congratulations on finding THE ONE!!! Best of luck to both of you
36.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I agree with musey. I would say propose at the very beginning of the trip (hotel room, park or whatever suits you best). Then you can celebrate!
36.gif
Congrats!

mypak

Rough_Rock
thanks for your comments...the thought of maybe doing it before we actually left crossed my mind but not sure if I can plan/find an "ideal" place this late in the game - although like you said, it''ll be romantic no matter when/where, I kind of want it to look like I actually put some thought into it, etc.

I thought it''d be fun/romantic to do it in maui.....sounds like it''ll be a first day thing.....plus, it''d probably be fun for her to tell her girlfriends that she got engaged on the beach at sunset in maui??

at any rate, thanks for all your thoughts!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others to propose early on, either before the trip or the first or second day. You can spend the rest of your trip celebrating, and it will be much more fun and romantic to be on a trip engaged.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results