shape
carat
color
clarity

NYC - Proposal Rates - Photographer or Live Music

justatest

Rough_Rock
All,

I'm thinking about proposing in NYC when we visit next month. I know it will be very busy, and there will be large crowds, but there's something magical about the city.

I was wondering if anyone knows what I should be paying for the services below; I’m thinking of scanning Craigslist, and obviously do not expect professional services.

photographer - I’m going to look for someone that can shoot the actual proposal, ala when i take the knee
live music - I’m going to look for someone or a group of people who can play music during the actual proposal, ala when i take the knee

So far, I have seen quotes ranging anywhere from $100 per hour to $150 per hour per person, so assuming 1 photographer and 2 musicians, $450 for an hour. Given that the entire proposal shouldn’t' last more than 10-15 minutes, that seems like more than sufficient, but i'm not sure if 1. this is craigslist, 2. if these rates are reasonable in nyc.

Anybody have any ideas?

justatest

Rough_Rock
Appreciate all the views :). Don't be shy! Even if not in NYC, perhaps some relative rates would be helpful. - Thanks!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I viewed previously but didn't reply. So I will reply, but I won't really answer your question.

I have no idea how much the going rate is for this. However, I will caution you against doing a bit DO unless you know FOR SURE that she is 'that kind' of girl who will appreciate this. It already sounds like you are doing this in a busy, public place. I wouldn't add musicians into it at all. You'd be better saving that $ and going for a spectacular dinner afterwards. Photographers are a dime a dozen, but you'll want a good one so you actually get your photos back!

If I were you - I would find a nice quiet place, and ask her there. More private. It's an event that is about the two of you, not the rest of NYC. Then go celebrate with the rest of NYC after.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results