shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Ideas for Proposals w/baby included

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

litteldude

Rough_Rock
My girlfriend and I have been dating for a little over 2 yrs, and we had a little one named Alivia 7 months ago, so this proposal''s...let''s say a little overdue. I''ve done my homework on this website for the ring and found a great diamond on Blue Nile. Now I need some thoughts. My original idea was to propose over July 4th at home with my daughter and I awaiting Sarah. She would open the door to see me holding Alivia with a onesie saying "Marry My Dad". On the floor everywhere would be rose petals and Candles lit, and on the table a bottle of Champagne for later (don''t worry...Sarah''s not breastfeeding anymore). I would read a little ditty that I wrote and get on my knee and propose. Then later, after Alivia went to sleep, we would watch the fireworks from our window while sipping on Champagne. Sounds great, the only thing is now...she wants to visit her parents on the weekend of the 4th (it''s pretty much in stone) and the jeweler who is setting my diamond in a setting says he may not finish it in time because there were too many rings ahead of me. Should I go with the same proposal idea and just do it later...or should I think of something new?

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I think you could do the same idea (sans the fireworks) another night. You could always get her favorite movie, give her a nice massage, and just spend the night pampering her! Or, you can rent a cabin at a nearby lake and plan a nice getaway. I don't think not doing it on the 4th will be a problem at all!

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
My female friend at work thought the "Marry my daddy" idea was too cute (meaning a great idea). You're girlfriend may feel the same way. I wouldn't get hung up on the fireworks though. It might be nice, but it sounds like you'll be at the parents.

Are there any other dates significant to you guys coming up? Even if there are not, anything you do after the proposal will be romantic--it doesn't have to be fireworks. What does she like to do? Think about it and plan something that she will find romantic. Your candles and rose petals are a good place to start.

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Oh, and by the way. Blue Nile has an excellent and well deserved reputation, but have you checked out some of the other vendors on the vendors page of Pricescope. You may well be able to get a better diamond at a better price.

litteldude

Rough_Rock
Already bought the diamond and it turned out great, the HCA score of 1.1 and .7 look to be right on. I'm just trying to figure out how to take pics of it. I'm beginning to think the idea will be good and then to take her to her favorite restaurant with some sort of setup with the wait staff there to suprise her. That's beginning to sound just as good. It's probably going to happen next week sometime.

carrieq

Rough_Rock
You were just the sweetest boyfriend/daddy EVER. My husband and I were in a similar situation when we had our son (we got married about 2 weeks before he was born). I love your idea. The onesie on the baby would be just so adorable! GO FOR IT! It is definitely originally nad unforgettable. If you change anything, somehow make it in public (a surprise picnic perhaps?) so everyone else will see and gasp over how wonderful your story is. I had always hoped my husband proposed in public so that everyone else could see how in love we are and sweet he is. But you doing that depends on whether or not she likes the outside atttention or prefers things to be more private. Your originally idea is spendid. Good luck! Let us know what happens!

reena

Ideal_Rock
Yes--did you do it? i LOVE the marry my dad on the onesie bit. just LOVE it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results