shape
carat
color
clarity

need help with Big Bear proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

uclaure

Rough_Rock
I need some suggestions and ideas for a proposal in the mountains. I plan on proposing to my girlfriend of 3 years two weekends from now. I just booked us a cabin in Big Bear, CA. The thing that is really hampering my attempts to come up with a plan is the uncertainty of the weather. I spoke with the manager of the resort and he told me that there is a lot of snow up there right now. I would ideally like to do something outdoors. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
What sort of thing are you looking for? I am not familiar with the area at all, and lack a basis for a starting point. Are you looking to propose while on a walk, out skiing or what? No offense intended - I have no idea of what the possibilities are for you, or what you have as a starting point other than outside.

I think the biggest problem you will encounter, no mater what the intended scenario is, is that you stand a chance of loosing the ring in the snow. If you intend to propose in the snow, then find a way to secure the ring to your person (invisible thread or fishing line attached to a pocket lining or something).

Perhaps you could provide a few more details on what you would like to transpire. From there, I am sure that many ideas or suggestions would be forthcoming.

GETanEDGE

Rough_Rock
Well.....I was up in Big Bear over New Years and it was definitely covered with snow. Since then the mountains in So Cal have been dumped on. I know for a while the roads up to Big Bear were all closed due to snow and people were stuck up there for a couple days.

I don't think its that bad right now, but just giving you a heads up that it can get bad there. Ummm.....as far as stuff to do there, the main activity this time of the year would be skiing or snowboarding. They have Bear Mountain and Snow Summitt ski resorts up there, I think you can buy a combo pass to both. Have you guys been skiing/snowboarding before? If not you guys could take a lesson together. You guys could pull over on a secluded run and do it there. Or you could do it on the ski lift on the way up to the top of the mountain. This way you guys would be alone on the lift and the views would probably be wonderful. Only problem with skiing is that if you guys are new at it, it could be miserable.

I know the town has a lot of restaurants you could go to.....some of them are pretty nice too.
Umm.....how about snowshoeing?.....not sure if there is a place to do it, but you could look into it.
Ice skating?

That's about all I can think of. I think the chair lift is the best bet.
Let us know how it goes.

uclaure

Rough_Rock
I''m sorry. The main reason my post seems so unclear and without direction is because that is exactly where I''m at right now. I''m still getting over the excitement of picking up the ring yesterday and really have not given much thought to the proposal. She has no idea whatsoever that I will be doing this. Heck, I still have to ask her parents for their blessing, but I see them pretty much everyday so that will not be an issue. I want an adventure sort of theme. We both are recently out of college and share the same enthusiasm for travel and adventure. We''ve never been to the mountians alone before. This will actually be only me second time seeing snow, I know I''ve been deprived
7.gif
. I was thinking something along the lines of a hike or a romantic stroll during sunset. I don''t know how the sunsets are in this area or pretty much anything about this area to be honest. I was also thinking of maybe incorporating a scavenger hunt type of activity. Right now I''m open to any suggestions. Oh, we are not skiers or snowboarders, but the thought of taking snowboarding lessons intrigues me.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
You know, proposing outside with the snow falling around you isn''t a bad thing. It can look incredibly romantic, especially for us SoCal people who aren''t used to seeing snow. Getting a white X-mas takes effort for must of us SoCalers.

How about a campfire? Toast marshmellows and stuff. Some hot chocolate. Get her relaxed. Then get down on one knee and pop the question.

I was in Big Bear in December and the lake wasn''t looking too romantic IMO. Not along the shore anyways. However, stopping at one of those lookout sections along Highway 18 (or whatever that road is called) that overlooks the lake does look incredibly romantic tho.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results