shape
carat
color
clarity

My Surprise Proposal Story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IceExplorer

Shiny_Rock
Before I start...She said: YES

But...I had to ask twice!!
23.gif

Well, I''ve been working on this plan for quite some time. I asked her father''s permission on August 14th, 2009. I had been dating is lovely daughter for 4 years at that time. He was delighted and granted me permission. I swore him to secrecy and informed him that I wouldn''t be asking until spring.
From that point I''ve been researching, window shopping, posting on pricescope and working on finding what would be the perfect diamond and setting for her. I found it with the help of Lesley and Brian at Brian Gavin Diamonds (BGD)

Picture of Ring-click here

While working on the setting I began my quest for a proposal that would provide her with a memory she would never forget and this is what she got:

We planned a trip to go snowboarding. This was particularly exciting for her because she just learned how to board last year. I confirmed all the rooms and travel plans and gave her the dates so she could book it off work. We left at 6am and arrived at our destination at approximately noon. We were picked-up at the airport by a private shuttle (that I arranged secretly) and brought to the Condo registration office. This is where it gets fun...

When we arrived we were told our condo was unavailable and wouldn''t be available for a couple of hours. Obviously she was very disappointed. Fortunately, the condo company offered us a free horse drawn carriage ride. Little did she know, I had also planned for this. Needless to say, we graciously accepted their generous offer. We were shuttled to a beautiful area where a carriage and 2 horses awaited us. My soon to be fiance was delighted at the sight. When we got in the carriage, there was a cooler with some cocktails and snacks. My GF commented on how nice it was of them then said look (she pointed) they even know what kind of beer you like!!! I had to work hard at holding a straight face at that point. We sat in the carriage for about 20-30 mins when we arrived a lovely little spot along a river. There was a little hut/gazebo right along the river, a perfect spot for a photo opportunity.

The proposal:
As she was looking out over the river, I reached in my pocket and asked her to hold something for me. It was a distraction as dug deeper to pull-out the ring box. As I got the ring box out and dropped to one knee she looked at me and said: What are you doing?!?! (apparently some women don''t know what it means when I guy gets down on one knee!!!
3.gif

I reached up and grabbed her hand and said (edited for our special moment) then asked if she would marry me?
There I kneel waiting....
Waiting some more....
Waiting some more...
Then I finally had to ask again...Well, are you going to say yes?!?

Which she did. As she said yes, I pulled the ring out and put it on her finger.

Finger shots - Click here

We spend the next 30 or so minutes riding in the carriage enjoying our first moments as an engaged couple. There was lots to talk about considering I pulled the whole thing off without her having even the SLIGHTEST IDEA that she might be getting proposed to.

I can''t offer enough thanks to all the people who contributed in helping me pull all of this off. Pricescope is a brilliant spot filled with wonderful people.

jlx

Rough_Rock
kudos to you for keeping it a secret for so long!

Rockout

Rough_Rock
Well done indeed! I am planning mine and am wondering exactly how and where it is going to happen. I have the weekend and the destination picked out but do not have the specifics of the actual proposal yet.

I have thought about enlisting the help of the hotel or restaurant staff - yours was a great idea and very sneaky I might add.

Well done!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Outstanding job, congratulations to you both!
36.gif

Treefrog

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results