shape
carat
color
clarity

My Proposal Story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BigB8405

Rough_Rock
Hey y'all. I have been engaged for about 6 days now
9.gif
I've wanted to post the story to let y'all know how it went, but due to my lack of access to a computer for the past couple weeks, I have been unable to. So here it is...

On Sat. Dec 20, my gf and I spent the whole day together, as this was our anniversary. I told her to plan the first part of the day and I would plan the evening. She wanted to take the train to dowtown Dallas, and then have lunch and go shopping there. We had a fantastic time, and everything went smoothly. When we got back to Ft. Worth (where we both live), we came back to my place, changed clothes, and exchanged anniversary gifts. She wrote my a beautiful letter, and gave me a huge teddy bear.

*Here is where my proposal starts to come into play
2.gif
* I had made a scrapbook for her with pictures and various things that I had collected about our relationship. However, I intentionally didn't put anything into the last page.... After that we went out for coffee and took a carriage ride through a local park. Then we headed to downtown Ft. Worth and took a walk. They had it all lit up for Christmas, and there is this really big Christmas tree, similar to that in NYC. We walked in front of the tree and I stopped to tell her that I had forgotten to put the last page of the scrapbook in, so I handed it to her. When she opened it up there was a picture of the ring and the words "Here is one object to represent the beginning of our life together." After I handed it to her I got down on one knee, pulled out the ring, and proposed. By this time she was in complete tears, and it took her a moment to get through them to say yes. Afterwards we went out to this nice restaurant where I had a dozen roses waiting, but neither one of us really paid attention to dinner
2.gif

So that's my proposal story. I'm working on getting pictures of the ring, and hopefully I can get them up in the next couple days.

suchairman

Rough_Rock
Big B:

Good to hear from you again I was wondering when we'd get all the details. Sounds like everything turned out nice. Well good luck and Happy New Year! Congrats!

chevysl

Rough_Rock
awww..that was so romantic! It's nice to know when a guy puts so much effort into something so important! She's a lucky gal.

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Congrats. Very romantic indeed.

So where's the pics of the ring????

rodent.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results