shape
carat
color
clarity

My Lake Tahoe Proposal...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Qckrun

Rough_Rock
Well yesterday on the 23rd of July, 2007 I proposed to my then girlfriend, now fiance. It is actually a proposal that will forever be remember with the events leading up to the big question. Heres how it all went down.

My fiance went up to Lake Tahoe on Sunday morning for a "vacation" for work, her aunts took the whole shops employees up to a family owned cabin for 3 days to just relax. Last week I asked my fiance's cousin if she could help me with suprising her cousin while she was up in Tahoe. So yesterday I woke up at 7am and got all ready and drove up to MontBleu at Lake Tahoe. I checked into my room, laid rose pedals all over the room. I bought her a dress, 6 bridal magazines and placed champagine flutes out for us later.

After I had the room all laid out I was ready to go suprise her. (This is where it will never be forgot). I drove up to the cabin, which was way up the south side of the mountain, and parked in the drive way. I walked up to the door knocked 3 times and no one answered. I could hear them all in the kitchen laughing, screaming, being really loud, so I figured no one could hear the knock. So I go to ring the intercom and I get a call on my cell phone and its her cousin. She tells me, "Dont come to the cabin, theres a BEAR out side of the cabin", which I reply, "No shit, I'm outside the front door". So she rushes to the door to get me inside. I was literally 40 feet from a BEAR and had no idea it was there, but supposely he ran away around the time I either drove up or walked to the door, so I could've been dinner for a bear instead of being engaged.

Anyways I suprised my girlfriend after all the commotion and took her on a "shopping spree". Well we really didnt go shopping but we went to the Heavenly Village shopping area, and I made a detour to the Heavenly Gondola's and we took one of the Gondola's up to the observation deck. She was scared, however a happy scared as she thought it might happen(the proposal) but I kept playing it off. We get to the observation deck and walk out over to the viewing area over looking the lake and all of Tahoe. We start to peer through one of the binoculars, and I tell her to look. As she's peering through the scope I pull the box out of my pocket and put it up to the scope. She back aways is like, "what the hell is that". I dropped to one knee and told her I loved her so much and if she would do the honor of marrying me. She said yes of course, and we both started balling our eyes out. We were fortunate enough to have one of the people up there take a photo for us afterwords.

We headed back down the mountain and onto the next suprise, which was the hotel room. She was amazed at how intricate I planned everything. We toasted with Champaigne and then headed back to the cabin to get her make-up and clothing essentials. We had a toast there too and then headed back down to the hotel to get ready for dinner. We ended up having a fabolous dinner at Chart House.

I left out alot of small things, but I basically put down all the major things.

IF anyone ever needs any help with a tahoe proposal I dont mind helping, as I know trying to figure stuff out when you live 110miles away is a little hard.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations. I''m sure she was surprised. You did good.

Now, where are the pics?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results