shape
carat
color
clarity

My idea...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Buster_DL

Rough_Rock
Hey Everyone,
I''m putting the finishing touches on my proposal idea and thought I''d share it with the group. Here''s the plan, LMK if you see any faults with it:

I''ll have been gone for a few weeks on a biz trip, and on the Saturday I get home we''ll drive together to our favorite place in the world...the lake where we first met each other as kids some 15 years ago! We''ll go to my parent''s cabin, which just so happens to be the childhood home of my mother, and where I spent a considerable amount of time as a child playing at my grandparents. I''m sure we''ll start with some conversation and drinks with my parents and siblings. If the evening is clear, I''ll walk her to the end of our dock just before the Sun sets (one of our favorite times at the lake) where I''ll give her a box of chocolates I bought for her while I was in Calif. (she loves chocolate...surprise, surprise!).

Once she opens the box, a piece of paper will be neatly folded inside on top of the candy. She''ll open it up to reveal a letter, from me, titled "100 things I love about you....and our time together." (Title may need some work!).

So there will be 100 lines on the page, and the last one is what will lead up to me asking her to marry me. To give you an idea, here are #''s 9 through 1 of the list:

9. Your friends
8. How your beauty and love never cease to amaze me
7. How every time we say goodbye, it''s always followed by "I love you"
6. Your HUGE heart
5. Your family
4. Holding you in my arms
3. That you are also my BEST friend
2. Your incredible ability to make me fall deeper in love with you each and every day
1. Remembering this moment for the rest of our lives

Once she''s read #1, I''ll pull out the ring and get down on one knee! I''ll have my parents positioned on the shoreline so they can snap some pics of the moment I get down and ask her...with a perfect backdrop (hopefully!) of the sun going down over the lake!

If it turns out to be a crappy evening with no nice sunset possible, I''ll have to do all of this inside the cabin somewhere...which is still great! After all, it is the house where my grandparents and mother lived some time ago and it has TONS of great memories for me already.

A little background...She doesn''t exactly KNOW this is coming, but she sure is HOPING it is. She''s been hinting for the last couple of months about it, and is ready to burst at the seams if I don''t do it this summer. I''ve been really laid back about her hints and have her thinking it will be some time before I''m finally ready to ask her. So it is a for sure YES (at least as sure as sure can be!), but I still want to make it as much of a surprise as possible!

Thanks for reading!!

Buster

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh! That is the sweetest story ever! It sounds so real already. Hmm...maybe you could disguise your list as the legend of chocolates...I guess timing is pretty important with this one; make sure you don't overestimate the amount of time you'll need, though. It might take a while for her to read all 100 reasons. Wouldn't want it to get so dim that your parents can't snap the pics.

kkeen15

Shiny_Rock
That's a beautiful idea...my heart melted when I read it!

A suggestion...I kind of prefer the "taken by surprise" or at least somewhat unexpected kind of proposal. It seems like this is at least partly what you're going for. Keep in mind that with your idea, you have the potential to catch her off-guard three times: w/ the gift, w/ the list, and w/ the proposal, each building on the previous one. With 100 reasons on your list, she will probably be able to ground herself while she's reading it. Conversely, if you had a much shorter list (around 20), she would be more likely to be continually caught off guard, with the culmination being (the most important part!!) the proposal. Maybe it could be some lower, significant number or something, like her age.

Again, I love your idea! I was feeling what it could be like as I was reading it, and it totally yanked my emotional cords! These are just my personal suggestions, you are the one who actually knows her! Good luck, and please let us know how it goes!!!

Mocha

Rough_Rock
Buster, wow, that brought tears to my eyes! It is so romantic and sweet and simple at the same time. No one could say no to that proposal!

Best of luck
1.gif

Buster_DL

Rough_Rock
I'm glad to hear others think this will work!!
appl.gif

KKeen15: I too thought that 100 might be overkill, and at times in the past thought about trimming that down to a smaller number. I still may, b/c as you said, it could take too long for her to get through the letter. I'll give it some more thought and make a decision in a day or two!

Thanks for your feedback...I appreciate it very much!!

The most anxious and excited guy on this planet,

Buster

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I think it's very sweet. Perhaps you can do 15--one for every year you've known each other? You can always save the 100 for an anniversary or your wedding. Plus, you're going to have to have her read them out loud so you know when to get down on one knee, and one hundred is really a lot to get through!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I like this idea too, and it avoids the cardinal sin in my book--offering a chocolate box without any chocolate in it. Sometimes people want to put the ring in a chocolate box. But for the real chocoholic (as my chocoholic best friend says), if you get a chocolate box without any chocolate in it, you're going to be disappointed. Even if it's filled with 10-carat D IF diamonds, you'll still be disappointed that there aren't any chocolates.

It's a tribute to your honorable intentions that you plan to fork over the chocolates as well as the diamonds.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Very sweet idea! I really like it because it will show her how much time and thought you put in to the proposal. I also love how she will be able to keep the list forever and take it out once and awhile and remember the proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results